Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newbie here! Bought a 2010 1.4i 5 door se Corsa back in March, I've noticed this week that after filling it up a week ago and only doing around 100 miles, that it's nearly used half a tank, can't smell any fuel after driving it with engine still running, only thing I can think that's different is I had the aircon regassed two weeks ago and used it on way home from work about 4 times, 6.9 miles per journey, didn't use it in the morning journey, when I got the car, fuel didn't go down by as much, I can actually see the trip deducting the miles by a mile every 10 to 15 seconds and even dropped by 5 miles in one go, I know it's an average worked out from previous journey's so wasn't sure if it's going down based on what it would if I had aircon on? Stupid question but would reversing the car a bit do anything to reset it?!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey pal, Are yoy asking if you reversed your car would it reverse the trip odometer? Sorry unsure what asking about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main query is about the problem with the fuel gauge dropping so quickly, but my other half had a problem with his guage not working once and he reversed it and started working again, was just a shot in the dark really. It definitely wasn't using this much fuel before I had the aircon done and used it, but only used the aircon on number 2 for about 20 miles.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
I’d suspect the combination of the air con being re gassed there’s more friction in the system and the short journeys is what’s leading to the higher fuel use, does it go to the pumps more since having the re gas ? That will tell you better than the computer. Plus as you say it’ll be playing catch up with the figures. There’ll be more drag in the system as it’ll be getting worked harder to cool the air down so when it’s warm and you get near to it drop your windows for 30 seconds or so before you get in to take that initial rush of heat out ( press and hold unlock on key fob ) then first 2 or 3 mins drive with the windows down and get some fresher air in, then wind them up and pop air con on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only got fuel once since but filled it up, just noticed how quickly it was going down so turned aircon off, I always open windows first to let hot air out, my previous car didn't use as much fuel running aircon but it was a 1.6, I'm planning on running it down, not to empty but before light comes on and will refuel and count the miles manually and try to do the maths 🙂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iv got a 21 plate corsa in april 2021 and everything was fine then in Sept it started losing from the fuel gauge by 5 miles at a time even parked over night,took it to the garage,they had for two days and couldn't find anything except a cracked tyre wall,they changed it and it slowed down the mileage for a few hours, now its dropping again and its 7 miles then goes up by 3 miles,I'm at my wits end coz they keep robbing me off by telling me it's the fuel level fluctuation or my manner of driving causes it,iv driven my other cars and they don't do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts