Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a fuel sender unit (fuel pump in tank) for a 1.7 CDTi but I refuse to pay the extortionate £200+. I've ordered a few from a breakers but they keep sending one for a 1.3. The part I need is 13280034, My question is, will the sender unit from a 1.7 or a 2.0 but with a different part number still work? I know the flow rate will be OK and if the hoses fit, its just the fuel sender gauge may give inaccurate level readings.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
If I remember right the corsa d’s 1.7 cdti engine is the same as the astra h 1.7 cdti but with the newer Astra j / zafira b / mokka 1.7 power output until the 1.6 whisper diesel was launched to replace it in the Astra k and mokka x. So my thoughts are this, given you’re engine is a 136 bhp one, the Astra zafira mokka ones should be ok as it’s the cars ecu that asks the fuel pump for more fuel not the other way round.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think they'd be OK. Just thought the build and style of each fuel pump sender unit may not work in mine as it may give inaccurate level readings or they might not sit correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts