Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few comments about the M32 gearbox in the VXR Corsa's and wondered :shrug: :dontknow: if it's the same six speed box that is used in the 1.7 CDTi eco-FLEX SRi?
My wife's just bought the diesel (Upgrade in speed, power and economy, lol, from her 1.4 SXi), and we pick it up on Wednesday, so I'm a little worried if I need to watch out for the same issues? :confused1:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As longs as you get some good quality gearbox oil in there it will be fine.

http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/repairs/transmission/m32-gearbox/
Thanks for the info mate, do you know if the gear oil will/should be replaced at a specific milage/service interval and what that interval might be? Or is it just a case of changing it every/every other service?
The car my wife has bought has done just short of 20K miles and is three years old, I'm thinking of going back to test drive it myself so that I can double check the possible gearbox issues before we collect it, and if there's a problem we can still back out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Some people change their oil as regularly as 6k but every year would be reasonable.

By all means go back and test it but I would think you'll be ok at the mileage and age.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks again, I think we will get into the routine of changing the gear oil every other year, as my wife is not unduly hard on her car and only usually does about 8K annually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
F17+gearbox

Hi I owe corsa d van 1.3 cdti and so far I have done 319000 miles on it. As far as gearbox oil change I would suggest from experience that you only need to change oil every 100000 miles. This is what I did with mine which lasted 280000 miles. Its 2012 corsa d van.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thats the F17 gearbox tho.

This guy was on about the M32, no way would you want to leave that 100k before doing a change

·
Registered
33 Posts
The guys asking if the diesel gearbox has the same issues as the vxr as he is buying the diesel. So you have answered his question anyway. The diesel has a different gearbox with less issues (probably due to the fact that it handles less bhp and isn't ragged as often) so yes you can get away with a gearbox oil change every 100k miles. See what the handbook says. Can't remember what the intervals are but my gf's corsa is on 58k miles and still original gearbox oil (also 9 years old).
My civic has just hit 75k and I've done a gearbox oil change last month 25k miles early due to the motion not being as smooth as it was once.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
No, the OP is asking about the 1.7 6 speed which is the VXR box (M32)

The lad above is on about the 1.3 with i think can come with either - VXR (M32) 6 speed and also a 5 speed.

Don't leave the M32 6 speed to 100k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts