Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm a tall guy, 6' 3" and used to driving big cars... first car was a cavalier, next an omega, and recently a vectra. I downsized about 6 months ago to a corsa design 1.2 as I thought it would be better to have a smaller more fun car. I commute about 90 miles a day on the motorway which takes about an hour either way. At first I was pleased with the D, although I found the seats rather hard and smallish after the vectra. Now 6 months down the line I am finding myself constantly getting shoulder aches and tension and feeling worn out after a long drive in the D.. What do others think about the D for long journeys, I find the seats fine on short trips but on longer ones I feel there is no support in the upper back/shoulder area and I begin getting neck tension. I also find it feels like I am sitting on a bucket! I've tried raising the seat as that reduces the bucket feeling, but it feels too uncomfortable... so the seat is practically as low as it will go... shame as its a nice car otherwise.

Simon

·
Spring Feature Car
6,725 Posts
i was the same, just recently bought corsa vxr recaros, done 150 mile journey the other day and they are superb, if i had done that journey in the normal sxi seats its back breaking.

·
Registered
120 Posts
well i'm only 5' 10'', and i did Newcastle to Glasgow and back last week without any problems like, n that was nearly bout 7 hours and 700 miles! Mybe its cos i'm a short Ar*e!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I never thought about that before. I've been from Rochdale to Milton Keynes and back, also to Newcastle and felt fairly drained and stiff afterwards. I'm 6ft 5.

I've had my eye on an astra for a while, usual funding issues though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I ahve had the same problem with mine. I'm 6"2 and get a sore back and the seat seems to stick out in the middle so you slide to one side or the other.

·
Autumn/Winter Feature Car
7,555 Posts
well i'm only 5' 10'', and i did Newcastle to Glasgow and back last week without any problems like, n that was nearly bout 7 hours and 700 miles! Mybe its cos i'm a short Ar*e!
700 miles over 7 hours? 100mph as an average? i doubt it.. :lol:

recaros are ftw though mine are so comfy, but for the 800 quid they cost maybe it'd just be cheaper to get a better car..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've tried adjusting the seats through every position imaginable. It seems my left shoulder area is really tense and this gives me a headache and aching down my left side. I've only had it since I moved to the corsa. I did once test drive the astra sxi and didnt like the bolsters on those seats, but the design I sat in felt really comfy. Probably will switch to a much bigger car though in future.

·
Registered
967 Posts
That seems fairly severe mate. Probably also down to a drastic change in driving position if you've been rolling around in all those big cars for some time.

Most of us learnt to drive in some kinda compact (Suzuki Swift for me) and then got their own little car. If you've been lounging around in some large car for a good time then switch to a go kart, you're gonna have problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. I'm 6ft 3 and I don't have any sort of back ache from driving my Corsa. I used to drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh every weekday and didn't feel any difference from when I've driven in the Meriva.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I went to norwich recently and my right leg was sore after 100 miles or so, I also get a bit of a sore back from the sxi seats.

Maybe if we complained to vauxhall that the seats were giving us back problems then they'll give us some complementary recaros? :lol:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I went to norwich recently and my right leg was sore after 100 miles or so, I also get a bit of a sore back from the sxi seats.

Maybe if we complained to vauxhall that the seats were giving us back problems then they'll give us some complementary recaros? :lol:
Thats would be nice. Product recall for uncomfortable seats.....Solution - free upgrade to VXR Recaro's! I can but wish! :yippe:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i get the issue of really bad pains in my right leg.. used to get that in my corsa alot after 2 hours of driving etc..

But been getting it in the astra and its even worse.. yet im more comfy position!! :|

P.s. im 6' 2"..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts