Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Am i right in thinking that the GID unit i just bought and had an SMD conversion done wont work for my car?

The housing isnt the correct fitment for my car & I see no way of changing the date/time etc as the stalk controls change the computer screen in the speedo section.

Its not a huge problem as i know i can sell it on and not lose money, just thought id ask before i go down that route.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does work obviously as its showing the details.

Use the steering wheel controls to access and change the time.
When you say steering wheel controls do you mean the stalk that i also use to change the small screen on the speedo? As thats the screen that shows my mpg as opposed to the GID as i had the standard MFD in my car

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
When you say steering wheel controls do you mean the stalk that i also use to change the small screen on the speedo? As thats the screen that shows my mpg as opposed to the GID as i had the standard MFD in my car
When I mean steering wheel controls I mean the steering wheel controls :lol: use the left hand one and you can adjust and mess with the settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Am i right in thinking that the GID unit i just bought and had an SMD conversion done wont work for my car?

The housing isnt the correct fitment for my car & I see no way of changing the date/time etc as the stalk controls change the computer screen in the speedo section.

Its not a huge problem as i know i can sell it on and not lose money, just thought id ask before i go down that route.
Hello, how did you convert the LEDs in the GID screen for blue ones? I've recently converted mine to blue but the screen is very dim ( not as bright as yours) do you need to do something else to make the screen brighter ( like adding a different filter etc)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, how did you convert the LEDs in the GID screen for blue ones? I've recently converted mine to blue but the screen is very dim ( not as bright as yours) do you need to do something else to make the screen brighter ( like adding a different filter etc)?
From memory the blue LED's needs a higher current, so you probably need to find the smt resistors that sit in series with the LED's and change it to a lower value to increase the current and voltage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts