Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie to the forum.

Other half has just purchased a 2008 SXi, and it had the standard small screen and CD30 mp3.

CD30 mp3 has been taken out, and replaced with Pioneer Double Din Touch Screen.

Im wanting to upgrade the standard small upper screen to GID for MPG, Range etc....

From what I remember many moons ago when I had a Corsa and Astra H's, it was easily done, by fitting a GID with paired CD30, and if I wanted to just add a screen, I had to unmarry from old headuint, and marry to new one.

However, what Im wondering is, since the CD30 is no more, and all Im wanting is the screen, do I need to get a paired set, fit them, then remove the cd30 and refit the Pioneer?
Or can I just get any GID on its own (even one that hasnt previously been unmarried) and fit it? Just surely if not using the CD30 anyway, I dont need a married pair? Or a screen thats unmarried as I wont be trying to use a different CD30 unit with it??

Thanks in advance for any help / advice

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
978 Posts
As long as you are just using the big screen as a big clock/ outside temp gauge/ calendar as per a small gid then you’ll be fine. As for the divorcing/ re- marrying side of things, that’s only an issue when a different screen is put to a different radio, 99% of the time it’s just as easy to replace both and get it up and running with a matched pair from eBay

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
978 Posts
Never a problem or inconvenience my friend, we’re all on here for a bit of advice when needed, and guidance at times!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts