Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi,
Many of you will know I had/have a progress log on my corsa d (kermit the vxr rep). You will also know I've been on the forum for many years and I've enjoyed the advice, banter, help and general chat on here.
After much soul searching and many years with my corsa, I decided it was time to move on and find something different.
So before I start, the progress on this car might be abit slow, but I'll try to update it as much as possible.
Lets begin..
Ive just recently bought a 2011 vw mk6 golf gt tdi 140bhp with 66k miles. It comes in reflex silver and has air con, Bluetooth phone connection, alloy wheels and full service history.
The car itself is standard and hasn't been modified as far as I can tell.
I am going to modify the car or should I say enhance it, so I'm going to compile a list of mods I want (found below).

Mod list.
Panel filter ( not sure which one yet )
Lowering springs ( 30mm not sure which brand yet )
18" Monza alloys ( from the golf gti )
Front splitter
All interior lights changed to led
Car mats ( already on order )
Seat handle insert badge ( already on order )
Debadge the boot
Dewiper the back
Might get a different rear diffuser
Thinking of doing a red theme on the car, so red conduit for the engine bay and red trim bits.

Ive never owned a diesel car before, so i probably won't tinker too much with the engine.

So here's some pictures of her, I'll get some more posted soon and if any mods arrive, I'll update this log.
Gina
Looking forward to seeing this unfold. Assuming your on some vw forum now. If not would be good if u kept ur name similar golfez or.something to help others find u.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,269 Posts
After being at Perry’s Doncaster for 2 hours, here’s the verdict.

They are going to replace the following parts for free and it won’t affect my warranty.

Aircon condenser/radiator,
Aircon front pipework,
And a plastic bumper bracket which was also found to be damaged.

They agreed that the damage isn’t my fault and it should have been picked up on the presale check.

Just got to wait for them to get the parts in and call me to book the car back in for the work to be carried out.

I’m very happy with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very very nice save about £220 - 400 there. Nice gain and result there.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
The car is looking so nice . Annoying with the suspension but should cone soon. Why steel u having a garage do suspension? Definitely capable of doing it you self or have I missed something lol.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Mot day.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon, checking bulbs, topping up fluids, filling the car with v-power and going on a long run up the A1, all in readiness for the mot this morning.

Gina was dropped off at 8.30am and I went off to the nearest Tesco for a breakfast whilst waiting to hear of Gina’s fate.

At 9.15am I received a call to say my car was ready for collection and that it had passed with no advisories.

The mot tester actually praised the car saying it was a very clean car for its age, and that I’d done well to find one so clean underneath for its age.

So yeah Gina has passed and I couldn’t be happier.

Yeah Mot day still has me nervous like I'm. Taking an exam. I here people take the car for a.long run up motorways etc b4 mot what is the purpose of this?

· Registered
1,269 Posts
So after a lengthy search online for some decent tyres for a good price, I’ve managed to find. Uniroyal rainsport 3’s 225/40/18 xl tyres for £61 each!
I’ve ordered them using camskills website.

So all in
4x rainsport 3 = £243.80
Delivery cost = £15.80

Total =£259.60

Looking nice they will

· Registered
1,269 Posts
The issue with the flat battery, basically I’ve not been for a long run in the car for ages, so Gina probably needs a trip out somewhere to help charge the battery up.

He tested the battery volts without the engine running and it was where it should be.
When the engine was running, he said the alternator was charging the battery at the correct rate. So no issue there.

In fairness, I’ve only been going to work in Gina (9 miles there, 9 miles back), recently and no runs out anywhere. On top of that, I’ve been using my aircon loads due to the hot weather, so I’ve been loading the battery and it’s not had chance to recover/recharge.

So I might go for a drive out tomorrow, to clear out the engine and to recharge the battery.

You should try upload the noise here via YouTube or something, get a few non basis opinions. You planning to service the behivle yourself?

· Registered
1,269 Posts
No I’ll be taking it to vw to have it serviced. I want this car to have the best I can get for it. Plus I want to keep the service history.

I might do the video thing but it’s so hard to capture a noise with a phone, plus people hear things differently. I might give it a go.

Fair enough mate. Just thought you doing yourself plus buying OEM parts will ensure the car is getting the best it can get really. Want something done right... )lol. Yeah i would take people's opinions with a pinch of salt bit you never know, may shine some light .

· Registered
1,269 Posts
So you might remember I mentioned the undertray being loose and was missing some screws.
A few weeks ago I had a quick look under the car and replaced 3 screws with ones I had laying around. This was a temporary fix until I could order some new screws and some penny washers.

I now have the parts I need, so I’ll be replacing all the undertray screws this weekend.
Also whilst the tray is off, I might as well check for leaks, which I’m confident there isn’t any, but I’ll check anyway.

I’ll take a few pictures and post on here once I’ve got it all done.

New screws and penny washers I’ll be using.

Glad everything is coming along with Gina. Why have you decided to get it serviced at garage? Didn't fancy giving it a go yourself?

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Fair enough. I'm not so about the 'stamp' as u can get these made up. I would rather see invoices for parts with / reg on it showing that parts for a service were bought for my vehicle, meaning most likely it has the work done it was said. But either way isn't a grantee of proof to the next buyer. But I agree with the fuel filter / priming

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Also planning on finally painting the brake calipers this weekend, really need to get this done asap.

Whilst the wheels are off for the caliper painting, I need to measure the discs so I can look at ordering upgraded discs and pads.

Dego get some pics and processes of that. Would like vic how it's done

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Today was the day of the major service, as mentioned a few weeks ago.

It all went fine with no issues, the car got a clean bill of health and my bank balance took a hit of £249 for the pleasure.

I’ve not done much recently due to work, it’s the dreaded Xmas build up, back to 65-70hours a week again.

I’m looking at mods but work is taking priority at the moment.

Always nice to know when your car has been serv8ced and running nice and healthy. Keep us posted w8th the mods

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,269 Posts
So it's been awhile since I updated, to be honest, I've not done anything or bought anything to be able to update this. I've been working like mad and not having much time to do anything else.
What I can say is, Gina is performing well and I'm loving driving the car as it is. I'm still wanting to get a remap done to get the most out of the engine, but I've not had time to go see anyone yet.
I'm trying my best to keep Gina clean and looking her best , but the weather is always undoing my efforts. Lol

The only thing I'm looking to do this weekend, is to fit my subwoofer and amp in the boot, I'm missing the bass. The oem stereo and speakers are really good, but they don't give that low end bass I like. Again, this will get done if the weather is good.
I'm not sure if to put pics up of fitting the sub and amp, I might do, I'll decide as I'm doing it.
Hey keep plodding on with it trying to keep forum al9ve. Th8nk would be good to see some pics of the job may be handy for.sp.eone. glad she's running well and.i..with you regarding the weather. I need to get one last.clean in b4 really bad weather hits.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
So as usual, nothing goes as planned.
The amp and subwoofer are in the car and working.
It’s so nice having some low end bass again.
Anyway, my plan was to screw the amp to the back of the rear seat. The problem I’ve got is that the screws I’m using aren’t going into the seat back. I’m going to have to drill some pilot holes before the amp can be mounted. So I’m going to get some drill bits tomorrow when I’m in town anyway and finish the job. For now I thought I’d post afew pics of what I’ve done to get this all fitted.

Amp before

Amp after powdercoating

Rca converter which takes feed from the rear left and right on the oem radio block

Vibe 1500watt wiring kit that I used

Bass cannon

So at the mo, the amp is sat on the boot floor waiting for me to finish the fitting

Also I’ve ordered some numbers and letters stickers, so I can put writing back on the amp.

Looks like some tricky work..but looking good.also .

· Registered
1,269 Posts
So as I’ve stated my mot runs out on the the 15th of April, I had it booked in for the same day.
My problem is, with the current situation, I don’t know if the mot station will be open on the 15th. I’m aware that the government are extending mot’s by 6 months to those cars that have mots due.
So I did a reg check on my car and it still shows the 15th of April as the mot due date. Will this change after this date to include the extra 6 months? Or will it just say I’m overdue until I can get it done?

I have just checked my mot and it still says it is due in novemeber, which is due then anyway. So it seems they are not updating the site you just have to know if ur in the 6 month extension and then i assume when u eventually go they will just adjust it there and then.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Today I was asked to detail my nieces car, it had been parked up for 3 months due to her shielding because of covid-19.
My brother is going to use it for work as he is a key worker and his own car is broken.

The car in question is a 13 plate corsa d Sri.

I’ve spent 5 hours detailing the car, using all my various detailing products.

I forgot to take a before picture, but believe me, it was disgusting. Green mould and bird poo was all over it, aswell as black tar spots all over the car.

So anyway, here it is all clean and ready for my brother to use.

Loving it the detail currently doing that on my.car today, i was about 6 ours cleaning and ckay barring, going to paint correct tomorrow so that wilp be a few hours. How did the car run after 3 months of no movement?

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Did a little mod today, well it’s not really a mod, it’s going back to standard. I think it looks better.

Red stripes had to go, they didn’t match anything on the car.
I’m thinking now about a slight tint on the headlights to match the smoked foglights

Before

After

Yeah thats loads better. Red had no place lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts