Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I’ve just ordered some rubber grommets, hopefully find the right size I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
So I ordered the pack of all sorted grommets at around 6pm yesterday and received it at 9am this morning. Amazing customer service from the company I ordered from.

So here’s some pictures of it all done.

Pack of grommets

Before

After

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
With my iPhone plugged in, it sits perfectly on top of the sliding tray.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
So I’m down to 200 miles for my next service. I had a look in the service book to see which service was next, low and behold, it’s a major/full service.
So I rang a vag approved service centre today to get Gina booked in.
LVS in Lincoln £249 for the full service, is £100 cheaper than vw.
This is booked in for a Saturday in September as that’s the choices for dates which are limited by my hours.

Other than this, I’ve just spent a week on holiday with family in Skegness, the drive there was faultless and I averaged 62.4mpg. Gina was parked at the apartment for a whole week and when it came to leave, she started straight up.

Gina is driving fine and I’m very happy with the car and the progress I’ve made.

I’m looking to upgrade the discs and pads soon, just need to measure the discs so I know which size to buy.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
So you might remember I mentioned the undertray being loose and was missing some screws.
A few weeks ago I had a quick look under the car and replaced 3 screws with ones I had laying around. This was a temporary fix until I could order some new screws and some penny washers.

I now have the parts I need, so I’ll be replacing all the undertray screws this weekend.
Also whilst the tray is off, I might as well check for leaks, which I’m confident there isn’t any, but I’ll check anyway.

I’ll take a few pictures and post on here once I’ve got it all done.

New screws and penny washers I’ll be using.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So you might remember I mentioned the undertray being loose and was missing some screws.
A few weeks ago I had a quick look under the car and replaced 3 screws with ones I had laying around. This was a temporary fix until I could order some new screws and some penny washers.

I now have the parts I need, so I’ll be replacing all the undertray screws this weekend.
Also whilst the tray is off, I might as well check for leaks, which I’m confident there isn’t any, but I’ll check anyway.

I’ll take a few pictures and post on here once I’ve got it all done.

New screws and penny washers I’ll be using.

Glad everything is coming along with Gina. Why have you decided to get it serviced at garage? Didn't fancy giving it a go yourself?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Getting it done at a garage because I want the stamp in the book to preserve the full service history. I also don’t have any software to run the fuel system to prime it once the fuel filter has been changed.
So I’m leaving this car to the people who do have the right equipment.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Fair enough. I'm not so about the 'stamp' as u can get these made up. I would rather see invoices for parts with / reg on it showing that parts for a service were bought for my vehicle, meaning most likely it has the work done it was said. But either way isn't a grantee of proof to the next buyer. But I agree with the fuel filter / priming

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Also planning on finally painting the brake calipers this weekend, really need to get this done asap.

Whilst the wheels are off for the caliper painting, I need to measure the discs so I can look at ordering upgraded discs and pads.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Also planning on finally painting the brake calipers this weekend, really need to get this done asap.

Whilst the wheels are off for the caliper painting, I need to measure the discs so I can look at ordering upgraded discs and pads.

Dego get some pics and processes of that. Would like vic how it's done

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Will do, I’m just hoping for some nice weather over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
First job done today, changing the screws on the undertray.
The damage to the undertray that you can see, is what happens when it hangs low and scrapes on speed bumps, it looks worse on camera than it actually is.

So I’ll start with pictures of the old/missing screws, then pictures of the new screws fitted with penny washers.
I also found that the 3 rear tray screws where different ones from the others, I had to find 3 new screws to fit.

New screws fitted

Old screws vs new ones

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #193 (Edited)
So that’s one job done, I did a visual inspection whilst the undertray was off, I didn’t find any leaks, old oil or anything I need to worry about.

So hopefully I’ll be painting the calipers tomorrow,Going for red hammerite as I’ve done calipers with this paint before and never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Also today the car is now telling me to ‘service now’, I have got Gina booked in for a full/major service on Saturday 21st September, so she will be slightly over ( 50-60miles ) when she finally gets the service.
I’m trying to limit my use (apart from going to and from work) until it’s had the service.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
So due to some personal things happening , I wasn’t able to get the calipers painted yesterday, and with it being too hot today, I’m now looking at getting them painted next weekend instead.

Today I’m just enjoying the sun with a few friends and later on today I’ll be having a bbq tea.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Just a quick picture I took whilst parked at work this morning @ 5.30am.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Today was the day of the major service, as mentioned a few weeks ago.

It all went fine with no issues, the car got a clean bill of health and my bank balance took a hit of £249 for the pleasure.

I’ve not done much recently due to work, it’s the dreaded Xmas build up, back to 65-70hours a week again.

I’m looking at mods but work is taking priority at the moment.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Today was the day of the major service, as mentioned a few weeks ago.

It all went fine with no issues, the car got a clean bill of health and my bank balance took a hit of £249 for the pleasure.

I’ve not done much recently due to work, it’s the dreaded Xmas build up, back to 65-70hours a week again.

I’m looking at mods but work is taking priority at the moment.

Always nice to know when your car has been serv8ced and running nice and healthy. Keep us posted w8th the mods

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
So it's been awhile since I updated, to be honest, I've not done anything or bought anything to be able to update this. I've been working like mad and not having much time to do anything else.
What I can say is, Gina is performing well and I'm loving driving the car as it is. I'm still wanting to get a remap done to get the most out of the engine, but I've not had time to go see anyone yet.
I'm trying my best to keep Gina clean and looking her best , but the weather is always undoing my efforts. Lol

The only thing I'm looking to do this weekend, is to fit my subwoofer and amp in the boot, I'm missing the bass. The oem stereo and speakers are really good, but they don't give that low end bass I like. Again, this will get done if the weather is good.
I'm not sure if to put pics up of fitting the sub and amp, I might do, I'll decide as I'm doing it.

181 - 200 of 207 Posts