Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Today I was asked to detail my nieces car, it had been parked up for 3 months due to her shielding because of covid-19.
My brother is going to use it for work as he is a key worker and his own car is broken.

The car in question is a 13 plate corsa d Sri.

I’ve spent 5 hours detailing the car, using all my various detailing products.

I forgot to take a before picture, but believe me, it was disgusting. Green mould and bird poo was all over it, aswell as black tar spots all over the car.

So anyway, here it is all clean and ready for my brother to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Today I was asked to detail my nieces car, it had been parked up for 3 months due to her shielding because of covid-19.
My brother is going to use it for work as he is a key worker and his own car is broken.

The car in question is a 13 plate corsa d Sri.

I’ve spent 5 hours detailing the car, using all my various detailing products.

I forgot to take a before picture, but believe me, it was disgusting. Green mould and bird poo was all over it, aswell as black tar spots all over the car.

So anyway, here it is all clean and ready for my brother to use.

Loving it the detail currently doing that on my.car today, i was about 6 ours cleaning and ckay barring, going to paint correct tomorrow so that wilp be a few hours. How did the car run after 3 months of no movement?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
It needed a new battery but it started straight up without any issues once we changed that over.
Obviously we gave it a thorough check over before attempting to start it.
Since I’ve detailed it, my brother has been on a short run in it to make sure everything is good.
He’s just rang me and said the car is fine.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #224 (Edited)
Got an exciting update,
I’ve booked Gina in for a remap!
I’m getting a revo stage 1, it’s booked in at volks world racing in Louth in afew weeks time.
I’ve been quoted 175-180bhp And 390-400 nm torque.

It’s currently at 140bhp and 320nm.

I’m very nervous and excited at the same time. I’ve never had a car remapped before, so I spent a long time researching and asking people’s opinions etc etc, before I decided to take the plunge.

I use shell V-power diesel and Its got a full service history, I had a full service last year at a vw approved centre.

I’ve already checked over the engine for leaks or loose hose clamps.
I’ll be checking the tyre pressures before I leave and making sure everything is topped up.

I don’t know what to expect to be honest so I’ll let you all know my thoughts after it’s done.
Currently my car drives fine, with no issues.
I love the power I have but, I decided to get the best from it, hence the stage 1.

Any further things I’ll need to do?
any advice for the day?
Please feel free to comment

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Here’s a picture of why I love my car.

Cruise control set at 60mph and getting just over 60mpg whilst driving back home on the A1 last night.
I’ve seen higher mpg on longer runs, but I’m so impressed with this car.
Don’t worry I didn’t take the picture, my mate who’s been staying at my place (whilst his mrs is shielding), took the picture.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Just been and collected my new rear brembo discs and pads. I’m hoping to have these fitted very soon, as the rear discs are almost finished.
Once these are on, that’ll be brembo discs and pads all round, as the fronts have been on for months.

Also, remap on Monday at Louth, can’t wait!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
So it’s remap day!
I got up early to do some last minute checks and give Gina a clean before heading to volksworld racing in Louth.

I can honestly say I’m excited and nervous at the same time, I’ve never had a car remapped before.

I had a long run out to Sheffield to see my brother on Saturday, this was a perfect excuse to give the car a good run, clean out the dpf and egr with it being a diesel.

She’s got a full tank of shell v-power diesel and everything is topped up, tightened up, checked and cleaned.

More updates soon

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
So it seems there is an issue.

Gina can’t be mapped today.

So I’ll try and explain what’s happened. My car is fine, no issues at all, The problem is revo.

My ecu coding ends in 81. The map revo have for my car ends in 79, they can’t put 79 on my ecu, so Darren at volksworld has spoken to someone at revo, and they are having to recode/revise the map for my car. I asked how long it would take and he said revo staff are working from home, so it could take afew days. He’s gonna ring me as soon as the updated map has been sent to them. Also for my trouble, that are gonna give me some money off the remap when I eventually get it done. I’m abit gutted but, I’m gonna get it done still, just not today.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Fancy that, a tuning company that doesn’t check their customers cars when they’re booked in for a tune up, makes you wonder if it’s a vw thing or not, yes the engine is 140 now, and promising a 35 bhp increase is good but someone somewhere in the system isn’t doing their job very well if they don’t know which ecu is fitted to which car. Don’t think you’d get that at vx! Never mind money off the stage 1 I’d be after the stage 2 upgrade for free after the hassle you’ve had!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #231 (Edited)
I’m wondering if it’s because the mk6 golf isn’t that popular, especially tdi’s I don’t know to be honest. I’m both gutted and happy, gutted its not been done today, but happy that I’m getting some money money off when it does get done. The bloke at volksworld couldn’t apologise enough, he said that he was just as shocked as I was that the file they had wasn’t compatible with my ecu. He only found out my ecu code after plugging into the car and bringing up the ecu files. Either way, it’s going to be remapped just not today.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
For stage 2 I’d have to upgrade the turbo to the gtd turbo. Stage 1 on my current turbo will max it out. I’ve already decided that I’m not going to go further with it than the stage 1.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Fair enough I suppose, hope they’ll have the right file the next time not just a tweaked one that’ll make the engine go pop! Ah the joys of playing with cars! 😝

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Yeah I was was told it’s not the map that is the problem, it’s the coding to put it on my ecu. So the map will be exactly the same, it’ll just have a different version software to make it compatible.

I’m hoping I’ll hear from them soon.

I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about coding and software compatibility, I’ve been googling it all now, just to try to understand it all. I’m pretty quick at learning and understanding new things, but it’s a minefield of information.

I’m putting at lot of trust into this as it’s my first ever remap, I’ve been assured it’s a safe map and that it’ll work within my engines parameters.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Well yes, they aren’t going to put an untested map on your car, then it goes pop and it gives them a bad name. Wonder what could be done to the bi turbo cdti in the astra k, I know the 2.0 bi turbo could go to 230 fairly easily from the astra j so you’d hope 180 from the 1.6 bi

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
So today I received a phone call to say the remap has been sent back from revo and is now ready/compatible for my cars ecu. Due to work commitments, I’m now booked in for Saturday 27th. The guy at volksworld racing is coming in on his day off to do it.

So hopefully no more problems and the result should be a stage 1 remap on my car.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
So it’s remap day, again!

I’ve got my brother coming with me this time as he wants to see what’s involved.

So I’ll be heading to volksworld racing in Louth this morning and hopefully coming home with a stage 1 revo map on my car.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Here again.

Just had an update, the software is installing fine.
Should be another 25 minutes and a short test drive and Gina will be stage 1.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
And now for the drive home! Watch out for our friends with the silver vans with their back windows open, the remap will be very addictive! 😝

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
So all done, I’m now back home. I can honestly say the remap has woken up my car, the turbo kicks in harder and it feels a lot smoother through out the Rev range. It definitely has changed the way my car drives. I’m very happy.

Also had it done at a reduced rate, he took 10% off due to me having to wait for the coding for the remap to be done.

221 - 240 of 276 Posts