Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Weirdest moment of today was watching someone else drive off in my car. Technician data logging Gina after installing revo remap.

Best moment of today, feeling like I’ve got a new car again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Got some little mods on the way, finally!
I’ve been waiting for months for these to arrive, should have them tomorrow.
More to be revealed as soon as I get my parts.

Update on the remap,
I’m so happy with how my car is now, fallen in love with my car again.

Also, I’ve got Gina booked in on Saturday morning to have the rear brembo disc and pads fitted. So expect some more updates.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
So today I’m at LVS in Lincoln, I’m having the rear brembo discs and pads fitted to Gina.
The rear discs and pads are something I don’t like to do, so I’m having them done for me.

I’m obviously having to pay for the labour but that’s it, due to me already supplying the parts.

Also today, I’ve got some mods for Gina, I’m going to post some pictures up later once I’ve had chance to change the bits over.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
So all done, rear brembo discs and pads are on. The car now has brembo discs and pads all round.

Anyway, on with the mods

Before mods and needing a clean.

New things and engine cleaned with 303 aerospace protectant.

Before

After

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Just need to find a water washer cap in the same style or a black one

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Quick eBay search and I’ve just ordered this one.

I might buy some silver paint, and paint the image on the top of the cap.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #248 (Edited)
So a little update,

Had a little accident this morning (5am), on my way to work.

Whilst doing 40mph, a cat just ran out in front of me.
I tried my very best not to hit it, but I didn’t stand a chance and I hit it very hard.

So unfortunately the cat died within a minute of the impact which is very sad, and I sustained a small amount of damage to the car.

My priority was to get the cat to a vets in the hope it was microchipped, then at least the owner would know what happened to their cat.

Anyway, after being at work all day, I finally had time to see the damage to Gina.

I’m definitely going to need a new fog light cover,
The lower grill has some broken clips and is loose.
Also the lower under-bumper spoiler is also broken on one side, (a clip I think)

All this can be fixed quite easily with new parts.

Here’s some pictures.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
So tomorrow (Saturday) I’ll be dropping the bumper to check for any further damage.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
So I’ve ordered 2 new fog lights covers, 2 new smoked fog lights.

The grill has one clip broken but it seems to be holding fine, the foglight covers help to hold it in anyway.

The under bumper part is something Im going to get off a breaking car, no need to get new as you can’t see it anyway.

Looks like this

I’ll post up some pictures once I’ve got the parts, might be after my week away in August.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
So the foglights and foglight covers arrived earlier than I expected.

I finished work early today, so decided to get the parts swapped over.

As with all aftermarket parts, I had to modify the foglight covers slightly to get them to fit properly.

The smoked foglights look good in my opinion, but they’ve made the headlights look too light now lol.

Before and after pictures

Also managed to repair the bumper undertray thing, just glued it back together and adjusted some screws to help hold it whilst it sets.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Also thinking of removing the red stripes from the grill and maybe going all black with it, what’s everyone’s opinion on that?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Another modification I’ve got coming in September, I’m having an inside window tint sunstrip.
My corsa ( Kermit ) had one and I really liked it.

At first I was going to have a Matt black sunstrip but decided against this, as I have a rain and light sensor which would be blocked out by a vinyl sunstrip.

Also looking to get new number plates, my front one has rusty screws holding it in and the plate itself is starting to look tatty.
The back one is ok but im thinking of going for a smooth look ( no screws ).

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Number plates are great screwless, bomb the back of them with double sided number plate stickers, as for the design of them it’s entirely up to you, could go down the pressed steel look, looks great on my corsa d and even better on vw’s, go 3D gel, again not a bad look but the one that’s turning my head at the moment is the 3D look but with stuck on digits, kinda like how house numbers look, that seems a vw thing too. The other option is the German look with the clip in number plate surrounds and a pressed steel plate, I aren’t sure of the legality of them either but as long as the spacing are correct and the mot man is having a good day there shouldn’t be many problems, airhough quite what 👮‍♀️ would say if they were involved I don’t know.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Did a little mod today, well it’s not really a mod, it’s going back to standard. I think it looks better.

Red stripes had to go, they didn’t match anything on the car.
I’m thinking now about a slight tint on the headlights to match the smoked foglights

Before

After

·
Registered
422 Posts
Did a little mod today, well it’s not really a mod, it’s going back to standard. I think it looks better.

Red stripes had to go, they didn’t match anything on the car.
I’m thinking now about a slight tint on the headlights to match the smoked foglights

Before

After

Yeah thats loads better. Red had no place lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

241 - 257 of 257 Posts