Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
281 - 300 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
There’s plenty of youtubers with discount codes for the brace, I’m using one which is getting me 10% off.
Doesn’t sound a lot but it helps.

Just waiting for BAF motorsport to get back in touch with me for a fitting date.

I believe they are based near Wakefield, so about an hours drive from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,404 Posts
If it’s half as good as you reckon then I’m willing to give it a punt, I mean I’ve only a 1.2 5 door and all that but with a front strut brace and a decent coilover kit the old lass may be a bit of a sleeper

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
When I had my corsa, I had the forge lower brace and a unbranded rear strut brace (which I gave to youtuber Jesse when he had his corsa vxr), the difference was night and day. Also with a good set of coilovers and decent tyres, the cars handling was very good. I’m trying to get a similar feeling on the golf.

I know some people will say £125-£135 on a bit of metal is too much, but I know I’ll feel the difference and that to me makes it worth it. Plus I can resell it in the future and make afew quid back.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
What coilovers did you use? It’s one of the jobs I want to get sorted on it before next year and do the bushes as they’re 8 years old now, just if I go with new oe or go powerflex or the like as I don’t want it too hard as it’s a daily driver!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
I had fk coilovers fitted to the corsa. To be honest they was ok, not to bouncy, even when I dropped the corsa to the lowest setting.
I’ve heard powerflex bushes are very good but can be abit harsh for a daily driver.
I’ve never upgraded bushes, I’ve always gone oem.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Yeah heard a few people say fk’s are the ones to go for, and the bushes I’d be tempted to stay oe anyway as they’ve lasted this long, take it you had shorter drop links too?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 · (Edited)
The corsa had the z12xep twinport 1.2 with a mighty 85bhp!

I had a thread on here for it. (Kermit the vxr rep).
Half of my pictures got deleted though, so only the last half of the thread shows my car and mods etc etc.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Ah the twin port engine, if it was 84 bhp it’d be ‘rapid’ for a 1.2! I’ve a facelift 1.2 so really only get troubled by snails and slugs tailgating me, I mean the odd worm does get past but those damned snails, they sit on your back bumper then cut you up when they pull in! Least there’s enough power for the 1.2 badge to fall off as that seems to have happened to the ones I see, either that or the glue has hardened over time and the badge falls off with boredom and achieves its fastest ever speed as it hits the floor! 😂 God only knows what the 1.0 3 cylinder engine is like!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
So Gina is booked in at BAF motorsport on the November 20th to have a red K-brace fitted.

I’ve just paid for it and received an email from them with the time and date to arrive.

I used a discount code from a youtuber and got 10% off.

This is what it will look like once it’s fitted.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Looks as if it’s gonna be really good soon, will wait to see how you get on with yours I think, just spent last hour reading threads on Kermit, what a motor, you certainly had a smart motor in one of the best colours (yeah I know it wasn’t vx green but near enough) other than the dark grey and burnt orange that seems to be on late vxr’s and never been’s (Nurburgring) 😆. Always been a fan of big wheels on small cars, I remember my old f reg nova with 16 inch astra j sxi alloys looked pretty well, then had 17 compomotive mo’s on in white, but that was a few moons ago! If I wasn’t on 4 stud I’d love some Nurburgring anthracite alloys on the sxi but there’s just something about the se alloys from a e that look smart with being 2 tone, they look just like the astra k elite alloy. When I had the vectra c I just had it a few months but was saving up for the 20” evostars when it shat it’s engine, cylinder went pop and it was the z22se. If it was the earlier 2.2 I was looking at supercharging it but to modify the kit for the newer engine was just mad! Ah well, that’s cars for you!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
I’ll definitely be posting up some before and after pictures, and I’ll write up a small review, good or bad.
I’m hoping good because it wasn’t cheap, but I’m in a position to spend a little extra on Gina, once in a while.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Yeah I do miss the corsa sometimes, I had it 5 years and it was only the last year of ownership that I started to fall out of love with it. But it was a very nice car and I enjoyed modding it. Apparently it’s currently in Grimsby/cleethorpes area, so it’s not too far away from me.

I’ll admit the golf is abit boring and was a safe choice, but I’m modding it now and really starting to enjoy finding parts for it.
The mk6 golf unfortunately doesn’t have alot out there for them, so mods are slow.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I suppose since 95% of people go oem+ so that’s where the mods are, and to be fair most vdubs I’ve seen are on their arse with silly wide wheels or banded steels, body mods seem to be less is more and power gains seem to be minimal other than ecu reprogramming, clean styling seems to be the order of the day. Wonder what the golf e bumper would look like on mk6, suppose delete side strips and fly eye the lights and go led bulbs round.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
So a little update.

I have the k brace fitted, it was fitted back in November at BAF motorsport near Wakefield.

I can honestly say it’s made a massive difference to the rear of the car. It feels more planted and stable, which is a relief. I’m still looking at maybe getting a rear Anti roll bar, I’ve been told to get one from a gti as they are thicker than the standard one currently fitted to the car. Something I’m going to look into very soon.

So not much else to report really, I’ve bought a Christmas detailing kit from samsdetailing, of course I’ll have to wait for some good weather to try the products out.

So here’s some pictures.

Samsdetailing Christmas kit

281 - 300 of 384 Posts