Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #301 (Edited)
A little update,

I’ve not done much to Gina due to the bad weather.
The only change is that I’ve bought a new sub woofer.

Basically, my amp decided to burn its self out and left me without bass enhanced music.

So I’ve bought a new mtx active sub cannon.
I got round to fitting it today, so much cleaner to look at.

Also today I finally gave Gina a bloody good bath/detail.

Old setup bassface 8inch sub and subzero amp

New mtx active subwoofer

The result of 6 hours detailing Gina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
965 Posts
Sub looks very nice, almost oe quality, are you using standard head unit for outputs?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Yeah, it’s the standard head unit, I’m using a rca converter which is taped into the rear speaker outputs on the back of the radio.
The sound quality is ok surprisingly.
The colour match for the grey carpet on the subwoofer is a nice surprise aswell, originally the one I ordered was a darker colour. Glad they sent this one, it fits in well with the boot interior colour

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
It’s 8 inch version I take it, detailing looks spot on, silver always looks nice cleaned properly, just a shame my old lass has so many deep scratches and swirls in it and slugs of paint where someone had touched it in with a touch up pen, it’s look great fully detailed and polished up and the headlights are starting to age and make it look even worse but corsa’s always seem to sell so when the right 1.7 comes around and all that! 😆

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Yeah it’s an 8inch version, I didn’t want something that was too big. I love the way it blends in with the boot.
The reflex silver is really good at getting a shine off, although I admit, I would like to get a deeper glossy shine from it, but the results are good.
Mine has some scratches on pretty much every panel, some look like a machine cut/polish would get them out. I’m contemplating taking it to a detailer and having it done to get some of the scratches out, just gotta save the penny’s for that.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
My paintwork is past it’s best to be honest, I always snow foam my cars and double bucket the sponges, while ones draining I’ll use another, then I wax every 2-3 weeks depending on the weather, I mean it does do a bit of good with the paint and a good polish every couple of months seems to have helped a little but it’s a downhill battle! I did look at getting another corsa, had my eye on a green Nurburgring, it was a ex show car so had been well looked after from day 1, just wasn’t £10,000 good and it had eml on which kinda put me off along with the white smoke from the exhaust!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
So I had an epic detailing day at my brother’s today. Between us and our vast array of branded detailing products, we had my brother’s filthy mk6 golf gtd, my niece’s corsa d Sri and my golf mk6 gt to wash and wax.

I’ll post some pictures below of the state of my brother’s car and also some before and after shots of all 3 cars.

Also got some new ideas for my car, a ram air intake and possibly a new backbox might be on order very soon.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Ohh the old back box debate! Off the shelf or custom? Wonder how it’d look with tail light shape exhausts, bit like the mk7’s gti have? All 3 cars look great detailed like that, but still the corsa looks best and it’s white too! I guess the v dub guys will have a better opinion on the filter job but I’m guessing an enclosed filter with a cold air feed would be best th n a remap

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Just a little update today,

Not really done much apart from keeping Gina as clean as possible and working like mad.

One thing I’ve been wanting to do, was to remove the rear lights an give the recessed areas a clean. So today, I’ve taken both sets of lights out and done some cleaning.

So all done, and back together. I forgot to take more after pictures.

Also today, I cleaned out my cabin filter, I was getting bits coming through the air vents from a tree i park near. Once I’d hoovered the bits from the filter, I sprayed it lightly with fabreeze and refitted.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts