Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
321 - 340 of 366 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,242 Posts
Typical German car driver! Vee haff vays ov making you pay you English svine give us your outside lane of your motorways now or ve vill take them anyvays and make you pay! Still I suppose Vauxhall and Opel are sister companies and Opel are German so it’s just good old fashioned banter at the end of it all! Besides if you end up doing as much to the golf ( 2 parking spaces included) as you did to the corsa, we’re all in for a hell of a good looking motor at the end of it all 👍

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Lol thanx mate!!!

The mods are just taking so much time!

lockdowns, work and lack of available parts are making progress slow. But I’ve got some ideas and plans in motion, so I’ll keep updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
Lol thanx mate!!!

The mods are just taking so much time!

lockdowns, work and lack of available parts are making progress slow. But I’ve got some ideas and plans in motion, so I’ll keep updating.

Just an idea but I think Gina would look mean with some black / dark greyish to match alloys side mirror carbon fibre covers

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
So my black badges have now arrived, I’m going to attempt to fit these tomorrow (Saturday).

Also my 35mm H&R springs have arrived, I spent afew hours this morning ringing afew places to see if they could fit them on a Saturday, as I don’t generally work weekends now. Most places won’t or don’t want to do this job on a Saturday.
So, I’ve now booked a Monday off, and Gina is booked in.
It’s gonna be afew weeks though, Monday 12th July, same place that fitted the eibach pro springs newly 2 years ago.

Also my dad is going to help me find a switched live for my amp remote wire,(the standard radio doesn’t have this wire).
Currently, I’m using the rear cigarette lighter as a remote + wire, but when the radio is off, and the ignition is on, I get massive feedback from the subwoofer. If another switched live doesn’t work, I might have to put an inline switch in the car which I can use to cancel the feedback when the radio is off.

On Saturday the 17th, the rear lights get tinted aswell.

I’ve also got another small issue/annoyance, could be temperature related/ hot weather issue.
The brakes have started squealing like mad, so I might have to strip the Brakes down, clean them up and re-grease the pads/sliders etc etc. We shall see!

·
Registered
932 Posts
So my black badges have now arrived, I’m going to attempt to fit these tomorrow (Saturday).

Also my 35mm H&R springs have arrived, I spent afew hours this morning ringing afew places to see if they could fit them on a Saturday, as I don’t generally work weekends now. Most places won’t or don’t want to do this job on a Saturday.
So, I’ve now booked a Monday off, and Gina is booked in.
It’s gonna be afew weeks though, Monday 12th July, same place that fitted the eibach pro springs newly 2 years ago.

Also my dad is going to help me find a switched live for my amp remote wire,(the standard radio doesn’t have this wire).
Currently, I’m using the rear cigarette lighter as a remote + wire, but when the radio is off, and the ignition is on, I get massive feedback from the subwoofer. If another switched live doesn’t work, I might have to put an inline switch in the car which I can use to cancel the feedback when the radio is off.

On Saturday the 17th, the rear lights get tinted aswell.

I’ve also got another small issue/annoyance, could be temperature related/ hot weather issue.
The brakes have started squealing like mad, so I might have to strip the Brakes down, clean them up and re-grease the pads/sliders etc etc. We shall see!

You don't fancy changing the springs yourself? Just curious you seem alittle more DIY hands of with Gina than an you was to Kermit, (not being funny just curious)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Your right to be honest mate,

Lots of reasons as to why, mainly, I don’t have the time anymore, and it’s a pain where I live, dragging all my tools down 2 flights of stairs as I live in a flat. Also, 9 times out of 10, I now struggle to get parked in the residents parking as so many people are now using it and sometimes I’m parked nowhere near my flat. I live in a student/university town and a lot of the houses near me have 4-6 students in them at peak times, and most seem to have a car, hence I can’t park near my flat on bad days. It’s just convenient to have the work done for me now.

Also when it comes to lowering springs, when a garage does them, they also do an alignment/tracking check. So this saves me money lol.

To be honest, Gina has been a fantastic car, so I’ve not had to work on her as much.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Your right to be honest mate,

Lots of reasons as to why, mainly, I don’t have the time anymore, and it’s a pain where I live, dragging all my tools down 2 flights of stairs as I live in a flat. Also, 9 times out of 10, I now struggle to get parked in the residents parking as so many people are now using it and sometimes I’m parked nowhere near my flat. I live in a student/university town and a lot of the houses near me have 4-6 students in them at peak times, and most seem to have a car, hence I can’t park near my flat on bad days. It’s just convenient to have the work done for me now.

Also when it comes to lowering springs, when a garage does them, they also do an alignment/tracking check. So this saves me money lol.

To be honest, Gina has been a fantastic car, so I’ve not had to work on her as much.

No I fully understand, you story makes perfect sense my driveway is a shared driveway and I cannot be bothered sometimes as it asking neighbours to use drive, so yours I can imagine how long it must be. Everytime I drive past a house with a large drive way and double garage , i stare at it as if it's my long lost love lol

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
I am currently looking for somewhere else to live, somewhere with either allocated parking or it’s own driveway. I’ve got so many things I want to do to Gina but sometimes it comes down to the fact, I’m not parked near where my flat is, so I put it off for the next weekend, which never happens.
Tonight my car is parked in a private car park ( in a visitor spot) opposite to my flat, so hopefully tomorrow, someone will move and I’ll be able to get it parked where I can work on it. It’s been an issue for me, for ages, hence why I’m looking for somewhere else to live.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
Afew little changes are happening over the next few days.

The rear lights get tinted tomorrow ( Saturday). And on Monday, the 35mm H&R lowering springs get fitted.

Before and after pictures will be posted up asap.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
So the rear lights have been tinted. I went for a medium smoke tint, similar to what was on my corsa d. So here’s afew pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Looks well, let’s hope mot man is understanding, might be led bulb time though!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
Looks well, let’s hope mot man is understanding, might be led bulb time though!
Way ahead of you mate, I went to my regular local mot place afew days ago and asked him about the regulations on rear tinting. I asked about tint levels and how far it can go before it’s an issue. Also after I had the tint done today, I took it to him, he’s happy it’ll be a pass when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
Some pictures I took about 7.30 this evening, I wanted to see what the light output was and got my mate to show me the rear brake lights aswell.

Pictures was taken with my iPhone 8. No filters.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Next modification is on Monday, the eibach pro springs come out and the H&R 35mm springs go in.

I’m hoping for a more lower look with the H&R springs .

I’ve got afew more smaller mods to come, so as always, I’ll post pictures before and after.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I’m with everson on the black mirror caps but not vinyl as 2 of my step daughters cars have had them done by 2 different companies and each time they’ve lifted but only on passenger side! Yore obviously good with spray cans so might be better painting them with the left over stuff from doing the badges. Then if you’ve mirror indicators, they’ll be next to tint!

321 - 340 of 366 Posts