Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
341 - 360 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 · (Edited)
Go away spammer!

edit. Just had someone spamming with a web link. Blocked and reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
So I dropped my car off this morning for the Spring swap over, eibach to H&R.
I’ve just received a phone call to say he wasn’t able to do it due to snapping his hub spreading tool. He’s ordered another one but it’s coming from Germany, so it might take afew days.

So he apologised and has rebooked me in for next Monday instead, luckily im off then aswell.

So nothing has changed on Gina today, she’s still on the eibach springs.
Im a little gutted at the moment but, these things happen.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Also just had confirmation that my next modification has been posted.
Now I’ll be honest, it’s a mod that will draw various opinions due to my car being a diesel.

It’s a ram air induction kit

My mate has one on his 2.0 cr diesel seat, and it sounds amazing. I know it’s a controversial mod for diesel cars, but if I don’t like it or whatever, I can always revert back to the oem airbox.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
So my ramair kit came today, I’ve just been outside to fit it.
After a quick test drive, I can honestly say I love it. It makes air dump noises between gear changes, but only on boost. Also it’s got an induction noise which I never noticed before.

Anyway as I stated before, this is all reversible, so no worries if I don’t get on with it.

Here’s some pictures…

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,324 Posts
The only thing is now you’ll be driving everywhere with the windows down at full throttle, just goes to show you can sell the car and say you’ve grown up yet he’s still on the forum and still modifying! WHAT A LEGEND! 😝

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
Lol thanks mate, In the past I’ve always seen diesel cars as boring smelly and slow, but this car is changing my view on things. And no, you never really grow up, you just have more money to spend. Lol

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Springs update, they didn’t get fitted last Monday!
I left the car with the garage at 9am and received a call about 3pm saying they couldn’t get the front shockers off due to snapping the hub spreading tool they use. They’ve ordered a new one and are going to call me once it arrives from Germany, to rebook the car in again.

So as it stands, Gina is still on the eibach pro springs and the new H&R springs are still in the box in my boot, waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
So update time again.

Gina is booked in again for the springs to be changed over. First thing Monday morning is when I’ll be dropping her off, hopefully everything goes smoothly this time.
Also I’m changing jobs, no more delivery driving. I left my current workplace on Friday and don’t start my new job until Monday 23rd, (in a weeks time). Im going to be forklift driving for a pallet yard, roughly the same hours, just more money !

Got some mods on hold at the moment, once I’m settled into my new job, I’ll be looking to do some upgrades/mods to Gina again.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
So this morning I decided to get the rubber splitter finally fitted to Gina, aswell as Trying to fix a small issue with the bumper not being lined up right on one side. So the splitter is fitted using penny washers and self taping screws.

Here’s some pictures.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Gina is now on H&R springs. I’ll the honest, the front definitely looks lower, the back however looks about the same, obviously I need to put some miles on the car and get the springs to settle. I am going on a 2 day holiday to Skegness tomorrow, so that’s gonna help with getting the springs to bed in. Also I’ve got passengers with me aswell, so the extra weight in the back will help aswell.

H&R 35mm springs

So here’s a before (eibach pro 25mm springs)

And after ( H&R 35mm springs) with 4 miles on them.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Once the springs bed in abit more, I’ll add some more pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Nice, like you say, the front looks a bit lower from the pics and the back looks similar, I suppose the only way you’ll get it lower is coilovers or airbags, and cheap coilovers aren’t generally the best way to go! Looking forward to seeing how she sits after skeg Vegas trip, that should settle the springs nicely, then it’ll be front strut brace and more power! This tinkering with cars gets addictive doesn’t it! 😝

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
So afew days ago, I was actually looking at possible front strut braces. There’s not many out there at the moment, but it’s definitely something I’m thinking about getting next.

Also my mate has offered to get the car on the ramps soon, so I can have a good look underneath. I think the exhaust is original from new and from what I can see, it’s getting abit rusty. So I might be looking at getting a full stainless system. Also I’ll be looking/checking all the bushes, and possible upgrades might be coming for them aswell.

I’ll update once I know more

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
By the time you get done with handling it’ll be tighter than a Duck’s arse, they’re water tight! You’ve done the rear k brace haven’t you? Wonder if they’ll do you one for the front upper and lower? If it’s polybushed all round that’ll tighten it up a treat, then with stainless steel system, cat delete and dpf naturally, she’ll go grand! How’s skeg Vegas treating you? 😝

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
Just a quick picture I took yesterday whilst dropping off some scrap metal for afew pennies.

The H&R springs have settled in nicely, I’m happy with the height Gina is now at.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 · (Edited)
Today being such a lovely day and Gina being dirty, I decided to treat her to a nice bath.

Todays cleaning products was from the autoglym range, and a g3 clay mitt.

Before

After

341 - 360 of 378 Posts