Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Just a little update, nothing too special.

So I was going to check my tyre pressures the other day and this is where I had a problem. I’d fitted metal caps nearly 2 years ago and surprise surprise, they seized on. So on Saturday morning I took my car to my mates garage in Lincoln to have the wheels re-valved and balanced. Here’s some pictures I took whilst there.

The caps that sized on

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
I very early morning picture I took whilst on my way to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Pouring boiling water over the valve caps normally expands them slightly, breaking the corrosion.
Yeah tried that trick, it didn’t work. My own fault for risking putting metal caps on. Got normal plastic caps on now.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,326 Posts
Always a good idea with metal caps to put some copper slip on before fitting as they can be grade a buggers to get off! I learned the hard way back in the day, when cars were boxier and lighter but slower! Ahhh the mists are gently rolling in and the birds are twittering away in the trees!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Always a good idea with metal caps to put some copper slip on before fitting as they can be grade a buggers to get off! I learned the hard way back in the day, when cars were boxier and lighter but slower! Ahhh the mists are gently rolling in and the birds are twittering away in the trees!!!
You know never would have thought of this, been meaning to change mine but always get put off by the price I'm seeing . Bit copper slip definitely pearnt a lesson today.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 · (Edited)
So it’s that time again, Gina is having a full annual service at LVS near lincoln. She’s currently sat at 91k miles and continues to put a smile on my face.
As well as a full service she is having a slight repair done. Basically the brake pad warning wire/plug that attaches to the front brake pads, has corroded through, it telling me on the dash, to check brake wear, but I know the pads are fine.

So yeah, Gina is in good hands and I’ll be back to collect her later today

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
So big thankyou to lvs near Lincoln, the full service and repair to the brake wear sensor wiring is all fixed and completed. Gina is now all ready for next Friday, ( mot day! ).

So yeah, next Friday morning (15th), Gina is in for her mot. I’ve picked the first slot ( 8.30am ), so should she need any work doing, I’ve got all day to get it sorted. I’m quite confident that it’ll be a clean sheet again, but I’ll have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Best of British my old bean, it’s always nerve wracking mot time but it sounds as if you’ve crossed the t’s and dotted the i’s on this one.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
So it mot day tomorrow (15th), Booked in at 8.30. I’ll be out doing my checks ( lights, fluids ready etc) first thing in the morning, then I’ll take it for a blast just to make sure she’s all warmed up and ready. I’m quietly confident that I shouldn’t have any problems.
I’ll post an update tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
Gina is now at the mot place.
Time for a Tesco’s full English and a 50 minute wait to see how Gina gets on.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
Once again Gina gets a pass and a clean sheet!!!
Omg I love this car so much

·
Registered
942 Posts
Once again Gina gets a pass and a clean sheet!!!
Omg I love this car so much

Looks like our cars out MOT twins I'm currently at the Walsall council MOT test centre , fingers crossed lol, glad Gina got a pass

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
Lol thanx mate. Good luck with your car aswell!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Always good when they sail through, by the way congrats on the 8 year anniversary of joining this forum, for yesterday of course, how things have evolved eh!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
Yeah I didn’t realise it had been 8 years! Time flies when your having fun modding cars lol

361 - 378 of 378 Posts