Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
It’s already stage 1 revo mapped. It’s now 180bhp which is my turbo maxed out. If I want more, it’s injectors and turbo from a gtd, which could get me upto 230bhp mapped stage 1. I would then have to look at egr and dpf delete aswell. I’ll be honest, I’m happy with the 180bhp, and as it’s my daily, I don’t want to break it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
Hehehe, the fact you know it’s injectors and a turbo from a gtd tells me you’ve been thinking about it!!! Power you are a cruel and wicked mistress you temptress!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
It might have crossed my mind at one point lol

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
Big day tomorrow, the new exhaust (rear section) gets made and fitted. So I’ve decided on slash cut tips, and in black if they have them. I drop the car off at 9am, so I’m expecting mid afternoon, it should be done.

If it’s not too dark by then, I’ll get some pictures up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 · (Edited)
Well today has been a bad day, i took Gina upto powerflow at 9am, I told them that the rear section had been cut and bent up out the way, the rear backbox had been cut off and also the diffuser was fitted.

I chose 4 inch slash style tips, only available in chrome, no black ones unfortunately. So I agreed to go with chrome ones.

The guy then offered up the tips to the diffuser to see how they would look and this is where it went down hill. He said he couldn’t fit them, due to the fact that I’d not cut high enough. It’s hard to explain, but on the golf r, the wheel well doesn’t exist, so it’s flat underneath, my car has a wheel well, and he wanted me to cut into that so the tips would go up higher to sit in the diffuser. I’m not cutting into the wheel well as I know someone that didn’t need to do it when he did the r conversion. I showed him the video of the other blokes exhaust. He guy then said he couldn’t do it unless I had more work done.

So I left without the exhaust being made!.

So I decided to buy an angle grinder and trim the rear plate further, so its now flush with the heat shield and wheel well. I’ve also bought a r style conversion exhaust from eBay which I can heat up and bend to shape. Once this is on, I’ll buy some clamp on short tips, hopefully this will be the r style effect I’m after.

The black paint is hammerite, it’s basically to stop rust setting in.

If this all works out, I’ve got a mate who said he would weld some brackets on that’ll go to the original exhaust mounts.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
So here is a picture that my mate sent me of a similar exhaust to what I’m trying to go for.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
So i just realised, after todays disappointment, I’ve got back to my roots!! Actually getting my tools out and doing things myself, and really enjoyed working on my car.
When the Y-pipe arrives, I might have to tweak it to make it perfect, I’m actually looking forward to doing this now.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
Useless bunch of c u next wednesdays! All that prep you’ve done, makes you think they didn’t want to do the work fabricating it to fit, which is exactly what I thought powerflow exhausts were all about! Just goes to show you can train monkeys after all or as a friend of mine says, you can cure pork but you can’t educate it! Good to see you’re getting the tools out again, be getting ramps and axle stands out next and sorting the tracking/camber issue out, changing the turbo and injectors for a set from a gtd and doing the r style pipes all before teatime next Tuesday!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
I think I know what my alignment issue is!! It looks like the lower arm bush has some cracks in it. So I’m looking to change that very soon for some upgraded ones. And yes, it’s a job I can do very easily with my small-ish range of tools, but it can wait for afew weeks.

401 - 409 of 409 Posts