Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
Just found out something interesting tonight,

So basically my brakes are 288 mm on the front, which I’ve upgraded to brembo discs and pads all round.

It turns out that if I buy the caliper carriers front a mk6 gti, I can fit 312mm discs.

Now it’s not a big brake kit by any means, but it offers me a cheap way of upgrading my standard brakes.

So if I do decide to do this (which I’m almost 100% on doing), I’ll probably do this once the exhaust is done.

So parts required are…

Gti caliper carriers (front)
312 mm discs, probably brembo
Pads for the discs, probably brembo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
So whilst out working in my van, I popped into yum cars in Mansfield. I’ve seen first hand what their products can do to a car so I thought I’d give them a try. So I bought a new drying towel and afew yum cars products with the intention of detailing the car with them today (16/4/22).

Genuinely shocked how good the towel was at drying the car, just one wipe and it was dry. My old towel was worn out and I’d have to wipe over afew times to get the car dry.

The products used was the yum wash, yum detailer and yum ceramic. Absolutely amazed at the gloss on the car now, Gina is genuinely gleaming all over.

Also as I live in a flat, to rinse the car off, I would use buckets of water and splash water at the car with a jug. I’ve now bought myself a Worx hydroshot cordless pressure washer, which only requires a bucket of water that the long hose drops into.
This item has changed my life, it was so much easier and quicker to rinse the car off. I’m well happy.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
So tomorrow I’m at tony banks exhaust, finally getting my cut and shut exhaust removed and a new fabricated exhaust made and fitted.

Leaving the house for 5.30am isn’t going to be fun, but I’ve been asked to arrive for 7am.

Basically having a similar exhaust made but it’ll be one piece from the middle to the tips. My current cut and shut is 3 pieces.

Sound wise, it won’t be any different as it currently is, as it’s already straight through from the dpf and cat.

I’m going to ask him to take some before and after pictures for me so I can show the results on here and on my Instagram.

Pictures and update to follow after it’s all done

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 · (Edited)
Exhaust is done, and so happy it’s finally one piece. I chose some really nice tips which I think suit the look I wanted.

So here’s a before which are my eBay eBay tips

And here’s after

Also had time to visit yumcars in Mansfield to collect some more detailing products. Also had a quick stop at clumber park near Worksop to take some scenic pictures of Gina

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
I’m not sure how to send a sound/video clip on here, it still sounds like a diesel, but it does have a little throatyness to it now. I’ll sort something out asap (pictures and video)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I’m not sure how to send a sound/video clip on here, it still sounds like a diesel, but it does have a little throatyness to it now. I’ll sort something out asap (pictures and video)

Just upload a YouTube video link if u have it. Mice to hear car ismcoming on so nice

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
So whilst I’m off all this week, I’ve been searching the internet for the 312mm brakes I want, to be able to upgrade my current 288mm brakes.

I’ve now got brand new 312mm brembo discs and pads from euro car parts.
Mk5/6 gti 312mm carriers and calipers (eBay)
And brand new hel braided brake lines for the calipers.

So basically the calipers are the same on my car and the gti/gtd, it’s the carrier behind that I really need to be able to upgrade the discs size.

So with me getting a complete set of gti calipers, I’m going to do a rebuild on them, fit the braided lines, repaint them and then fit the lot in one go in afew weeks time.

Only thing I want/need to get, is the dust shields that screw onto the hub. Mine won’t fit the 312mm discs.

Lots of pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
So here’s my new setup, golf mk5 gti front calipers with carriers, 312mm brembo discs and pads. Just waiting for the Hel braided lines and caliper rebuild kit to arrive, and then I can get it all fitted. All being well, I’ll have it all on next weekend 14/15th.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
So I tried to get some more pictures of the new exhaust, it’s not easy as obviously my car is lowered 40mm, so getting my fone under the car wasn’t easy.

Excuse the rusty bits, these are getting treated/sorted out in afew weeks.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
I’m very happy with it, now it’s all one piece. Well worth travelling to Leeds to have it done. I need to clean it all up soon, as it’s done nothing but rain on and off since I had it made and fitted. I’ve possibly got some time on a ramp soon, so I’ll clean it whilst I’m treating and painting over the rusty bits underneath.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 · (Edited)
Decided to just get the new brembo gtd/gti 312mm discs and pads on today, the braided lines and refurbished calipers can be fitted another time.

I’ve not been out in Gina yet, to test them, but I’m sure once I’ve bedded them in, they perform well.

The original 288mm discs and pads had worn very well and very evenly on the pads.

So it took me around 45 minutes each side to swap over the discs and pads. I cleaned up the hubs and checked over the suspension and bushes etc etc whilst the wheel was off.
Also I didn’t need to do anything to the dust shields, the discs went straight on, no hassle at all.

441 - 460 of 487 Posts