Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,647 Posts
And in vw world it’s still running in, I know of a t4 bus with 410,000 on it, suppose if you keep on top of the maintenance then they’ll go on and on! Let’s hope the next 100,000 is as easy to get.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Yeah seems to be the way forward, family car is a 15 plate astra, one of the last of the 2.0 cdti £30 tax ones, got it at 6 months old with just under 6,000 miles on and now it’s sat at 111,000 just had its first forced regen of the dpf, had its injector return pipes done at 92,000 and air con pump replaced at 78,000 miles, other than those few things the drivers heated seat doesn’t work due to wife sitting on top of the steering wheel and me sitting in the boot but serviced every 12 months with good oe spec oil and filters, gets a good blow out every couple of months, only to 70 mph officer, uses supermarket fuel and only thing it really could do with is a USB port and Bluetooth activating but I can honestly see another 40,000 going onto it before it needs changing but where else will I find a 2.0 diesel with 165 bhp and £30 road tax with full leather and climate control??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
£30 road tax for a 2.0 diesel fuel is ace! I pay £125 a year for mine.
Diesels are a dying breed, we are slowly being pushed into electric cars, which I’m kinda ok with, but I live in a small block of flats (top floor) and can’t always park in the small car park, so charging would be an issue for me. No chargers at work either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Car looks really well, love the elevated full rear shot, shows the tailpipes perfectly and also you made the best decision about the size. Hope all your other problems are behind you now fella, keep your chin up. 👍

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
Thanx mate, it’s a medical issue that still ongoing, but I’ve got a small bit of surgery coming up and then it’s all sorted. Generally though I’m doing ok.

I’ve got some more visual mods coming very soon, just general stuff that I want to try out. Mods that can be taken off/reversible if I don’t like them.

I’m looking for replacement speakers at the moment as my standard oem speakers are getting abit tired and I think one has blown. I’ve seen some mtx speakers that I might go for but I’m undecided at the moment.

Obviously I’ll post an update and pictures once I’ve got some items to fit/replace/tryout.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 · (Edited)
So it seems I’m having a really bad run of luck.

So firstly, not car related, I had a fire in my flat last Saturday. Basically whilst doing some laundry and chilling watching YouTube, my tumble dryer decided to go up in flames. My kitchen is completely gone but I’m ok, not injured.
My indoor cat was rescued by a fireman, but she bit him and ran away, I’ve not seen her since. I’ve been out every morning before work, and I’ve looked late at night before going to bed.

Secondly ( car related) I’ve got a knocking sound just started happening, mainly over rough ground and uneven roads. I’m suspecting a drop link has gone/worn but I won’t know till I have a look at the weekend.

So I’m living on a mattress in a small box room at a mates house who actually lives across the road from my flat. The local council are repairing the flat once it’s had some checks done ( electrics, gas). I’ve been told 2-3 months before it’s ready for me to move back in.

Being honest the fire has frightened me abit, it was just so fast, from noticing a small amount of smoke in my kitchen to full on blaze in less than a minute is crazy. I’m not a guy who gets bothered by things, usually I’m quiet laid back, but this has opened my eyes.

I’ll be ok and I’ll get Gina sorted, just need to find my cat now.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
You’ve been very lucky fella, your cat will be back and you’ve got away from it, good luck with everything and keep your chin up, Gina will always wait for her drop links doing till you get back on your feet again. Best of luck fella.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
So this morning I decided to deal with the knocking from the front end. I suspected that the knocking was from the droplinks. So I started to take them off and ended up having to use my angle grinder as the links decided they didn’t want to come off.

After 10 seconds with the grinder, the old links fell off and I then replaced them with some new ones that my mate source for me using his trade card.

I’m abit rusty with taking pictures of working on Gina, but I did take some which I’ll put below.

New droplinks are fitted along with a slight repair to the undertray.

Also have some other news ( none car related ), I found my cat 8 days after the flat fire. She’s ok, she got some cuts and bruises from the fall from the top floor window, and she has a split top lip but apart from that she’s lucky not to have any broken bones or sprains. The vet gave me some pain medicine to give her and was just as surprised as I was that my cat hadn’t had any further injuries. She’s living with me in my mates house which is across the road from my flat, until my flat has been fixed up.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So it seems I’m having a really bad run of luck.

So firstly, not car related, I have a fire in my flat last Saturday. Basically whilst doing some laundry and chilling watching YouTube, my tumble dryer decided to go up in flames. My kitchen is completely gone but I’m ok, not injured.
My indoor cat was rescued by a fireman, but she bit him and ran away, I’ve not seen her since. I’ve been out every morning before work, and I’ve looked late at night before going to bed.

Secondly ( car related) I’ve got a knocking sound just started happening, mainly over rough ground and uneven roads. I’m suspecting a drop link has gone/worn but I won’t know till I have a look at the weekend.

So I’m living on a mattress in a small box room at a mates house who actually lives across the road from my flat. The local council are repairing the flat once it’s had some checks done ( electrics, gas). I’ve been told 2-3 months before it’s ready for me to move back in.

Being honest the fire has frightened me abit, it was just so fast, from noticing a small amount of smoke in my kitchen to full on blaze in less than a minute is crazy. I’m not a guy who gets bothered by things, usually I’m quiet laid back, but this has opened my eyes.

I’ll be ok and I’ll get Gina sorted, just need to find my cat now.
Missed all this ez. And whilst under your.point of being.on edge and.scared. think of it as you were spared, the big guy wants you around. Don't see it as you almost.had a bad thing happen, see it as you avoided a bad thing happening. I hope your cat turns.uo.amd.of she does those pet.tags are.meant to be pretty good and see it as lessons learnt about things, like your tumble dryer and when to do it and anything else.you can probably invest tomprevent such further issues, may e smaller.cameras for.other.rooms, but remember you are chosen to be here mate

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
I’m not sure where I stand with god and/or a higher power, I do believe in fate and that things happen for a reason. I’ve come to terms with the fire and the council are now starting to sort out the kitchen, so things are and will get better.
I did find my cat, she’s now living with me at my mates house.
My car is great as always, the new droplinks solved the knocking issue.
Im extremely humbled by the events and I am glad im alive and uninjured, I’ve never been a complacent person, so im more focused on things now.

Anyway, this being a car site, I’ve still got plans for Gina, might have to wait abit longer, but mods are coming.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
Not much going on with Gina at the minute, I did however give her a contact wash today. She’s been waiting patiently for a good scrub down as she’s only had afew jetwashes to keep the dirt at bay.

Anyway the next thing I want to tackle on her is her tracking again, she’s pulling to the left and the steering wheel is slightly out going straight, also the drivers rear wheel looks like it’s facing in too much.

I’m going to get 4 wheel alignment done next weekend if I can find a good place.

here’s a picture from my flat looking down at Gina.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
Also just so you all know, me and my cat are back home. I was able to move back in during the last bank holiday. I’m slowly getting back to normal and I’m skint due to buying replacement stuff, mainly for the kitchen but also stuff that was too damaged by the heat and smoke.

I’ve had a chance to have a clear out of car parts and various bits and bobs, most will be going up on gumtree or eBay once I’ve got the pictures taken.

I managed to carry on working throughout the whole event, so I’ve not lost any wages whilst I was away from the flat.

I’m also looking to maybe get some new alloys for Gina, The monza reps are starting to degrade and need to be refurbished. So I might look at buying some new wheels (paid for monthly), refresh the monza reps and get them sold.

More updates to follow.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #480 ·
So not much done to Gina due to work and not having much money at the moment.
I’ve bought some new 5w5 side lights which I’ll be fitting tomorrow morning as it’s the dreaded mot day tomorrow! One of the side lights blew afew days ago, so I bought some Halfords ones to replace them.

I remember changing them afew years ago and one of them was a pain to remove, so not looking forward to that.

Hopefully Gina will get another clean sheet (mot) tomorrow and then I can concentrate on finding more bits for her.

I’ll update on the result of the mot as soon as I know. Wish me luck

461 - 480 of 487 Posts