Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,647 Posts
Always nice when they sail through ! Alloys are a very personal choice, some like oem+ other s like aftermarket, personally the Tiguan r line ones float my boat, but at 20” the tyres aren’t gonna be cheap!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
So Gina has another new problem, I’m ok about it as it’s a wear and tear item. So basically I have to drive up a farm track to collect my work van, which is full of potholes, dips and craters, this puts a lot of pressure and stress on suspension parts. So I have a knocking noise from the rear of the car, I know exactly what it is and the parts are cheap enough, it’s the rear shocker top mounts. I’m going to order the parts and replace the old ones in 2 weeks time, as this is when I’m off for a week. It’s a job i can do easily on my own, and should take about 30-60mins each side.
I’m looking forward to getting my hands dirty, and working on my car myself, just gotta wait 2 weeks till I can sort it out. For now, Gina is only knocking over bumpy ground, so it’ll only annoy me for afew minutes each day.

So here’s a picture of what I’ll be buying to replace the worn out top mounts.

Updates and pictures coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
So I’ve got the new rear shock mounts and dust covers, they took forever to arrive and then on my days off, all it did was rain.
I’m collecting parts like crazy at the moment. I’ve got some visual mods sat waiting to go on, some new front speakers, and I’ve just ordered a false floor from jc_clubsport.
The k brace will be removed as I’m wanting to be able to put my mountain bike in through the boot onto the false floor.
I’ve missed out going to sherwood pines afew times, and I’m friends with a bloke who goes all the time, I miss being out in the fresh air on my bike and my fitness has suffered.

Obviously its not permanent and anything I do, can be removed or changed if needs be.
For example, the false floor means no seats in the back, this means I have to remove the seat belts or it’ll fail at mot time. If I take the belts out, it’ll show a light on the dash = mot fail. My ideas is, to leave the belts in, and just put the seats back in for the mot. It’s 15 mins to swap it over.

So I’ve got a week off in December just before Xmas, I’m planning on getting everything done to Gina, and then do a picture burst, of before and after.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
The k brace stops me putting the bike in the back as it is, and with the spoiler extension being glued on, I don’t want to risk breaking it off with a boot rack. To be honest, I saw a mk6 recently with a false floor and I really liked the look of it.
I did get the bike in the back before the k brace, this was with the seats folded down.

It’s all reversible so I don’t mind spending money on experimenting, if it doesn’t work out, I can sell it on.

481 - 487 of 487 Posts