Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
After being at Perry’s Doncaster for 2 hours, here’s the verdict.

They are going to replace the following parts for free and it won’t affect my warranty.

Aircon condenser/radiator,
Aircon front pipework,
And a plastic bumper bracket which was also found to be damaged.

They agreed that the damage isn’t my fault and it should have been picked up on the presale check.

Just got to wait for them to get the parts in and call me to book the car back in for the work to be carried out.

I’m very happy with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very very nice save about £220 - 400 there. Nice gain and result there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I’m definitely pleased and also relieved that the damage is being fixed free of charge.
I had almost accepted in my head, that it was going to come out of my warranty or I’d probably have to contribute towards it.

I’m planning to uprate the headlight bulbs, I noticed the other night, the light output was very yellow and needs the alignment checking.

Pics and updates coming soon

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bought some osram nightbreakers from ecp for £14.99. Also I had some spare t10 bulbs for the sidelights to match the new bulbs.

I’ve got the main beam (H7) fitted but I can’t get the side lights out to change them.
Guess I’m gonna have to google to find out how.

No point doing a night time picture of the lights as we all know osram nightbreakers are very good bulbs.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After watching a YouTube channel, I finally managed to change the side lights.

Drivers side is original t10 bulb, passenger side is the new one.

The picture doesn’t show much difference, but believe me, the new ones are much whiter.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I also noticed today that my glove box light wasn’t working.
I found the bulb blown and was exactly the same type of bulb (t10) as the sidelight bulbs. So I used one of the old bulbs for it.
Sorted, glovebox light works again.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
If there is space chuck in T15 it’s the same as T10 fitting but longer. I have cree leds for our new car. It’s like a reverse light.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Glad Perry’s sorted that for you. At least it’s saved you from it busting. How are you liking the Diesel? I see your MPG is awesome.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah I’m very happy with the car. The mpg is amazing, even when I give it a little boot up the bypass to work, it’s still around 45-50mpg.

I made the right choice with this car, the only issue I’ve got is that I’m not sure what mods to get or how to search for the right mods for my model and engine. I know it’s a mk6 gt tdi, but i don’t know the body code or which engine code mine is. I’m a little confused, I’ve never owned a vw or a diesel before.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I’ve now registered my car with vw so if it has any recalls or whatever, I’ll get a letter from them.
Whilst I was there I did ask if any recalls had been done or was outstanding, they told me that a software recall was done in August 2016 after the emission scandal but nothing else was outstanding.
I’m a little worried about the software update as I’ve heard it has made some people’s egr valves fail. I asked about this and the lady said that can do a free diagnostic on the egr and ecu to check if it’s all ok.
So the car is booked in for a free check and if it has messed the egr up, they have told me they will replace the egr and change the coding in the ecu to stop it happening again.

I’ve not had any problems with it so I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Next update will be when the car has the aircon condenser/radiator replace at Perry’s Doncaster on the 6th.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
So I’m at Perry’s Vauxhall at Doncaster for Gina’s free replacement parts. Today the car is having a new aircon radiator/condenser, new aircon pipe work and a plastic bumper support bar.
The car is running really good and I’m still enjoying the power and mpg.

My mate has taken a picture of the mpg this morning whilst we was on the A1.

I was cruising at 65-66mph with the cruise control on and got over 70mpg!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No fuel treatments yet, only thing I’ve been using is shell v-power diesel, @ £1.42 per litre. Not cheap but I want to make sure I get the most out of the car in terms of performance and mpg. I’m very impressed with the mpg figures I’m getting.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
New aircon radiator/condenser is fitted, new pipe work is fitted and plastic bumper support bar is fitted. I dropped the car off at 8am and had a call to collect it at 1pm.

So I’ll post some before and after pictures, although you can’t see much.

Before

After

All the work was done free of charge and hasn’t affected my warranty I have on it either.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Next is the diagnostic check on the egr, it’s played up abit, by flashing the coil light, putting the car in limp mode and leaving an error code on the ecu.

Vw said that if it had left a code for the egr, they would honour the fact my car has had the software update from the diesel test emissions scandal, and replace the egr for free. They also said a software patch is now available to stop the issue as well.
Gina is in on Tuesday 14th for the diagnostic and then hopefully very soon after, it’ll go back for the work.

I’ll update asap

·
Registered
528 Posts
Probably just needs cleaned out - are they fairly accessible on that engine?

I had to do my Mondeo one at 40k ish and it was clogged with crap...think the hole had basically shrunk by 50% doe to the amount of oily soot that was caked up in there - e.g.;

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
From what I’ve been told, my egr is located at the back of the engine near the firewall. Apparently you have to remove other parts to access it. I was told it’s a 2 hour job to remove it. I’ll just let vw techs do it lol, especially if it’s being done for free.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds like a similar position to the focus we had - yeah definitely let someone else do it if you can!

Its minging cleaning one out as well!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I cleaned the egr twice on the corsa, so yeah I know how mucky the job is.

21 - 40 of 224 Posts