Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

41 - 60 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This morning, Gina is with vw for a free egr diagnostic check, they said it’ll take a couple of hours.
The flashing coil light has been on once since 4 weeks ago, so I’m assuming it will have left a code. I resisted the urge to check it with my code reader.

I should know more in afew hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
So it’s definitely an egr fault, vw Lincoln have confirmed they will replace the egr completely free of charge. It’s booked in for the 31st of this month for the work.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Package arrived today, something small I’d ordered for Gina,

Cup holder/bottle opener.(£3.49)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So recently I started to notice an odd smell coming from my air vents whenever I turned on the ac. The smell was only for afew seconds but was quite pungent.
Because I’ve never had aircon before, I asked my mate who works at a tyre fitters, for advice.
He said that it’s a bacterial buildup with the aircon filter area.
He advised me to change the cabin filter and to spray a disinfectant mist inside the filter housing.

I’ve just been outside, removed the cabin filter, sprayed some disinfectant inside the housing, waited 5 minutes for the spray to dissipate and then fitted the new filter in.

I’ve just had the car running with the aircon on and I can honestly say, it smells a lot better.

I’ve added some pictures of my old cabin filter and the new filter.

Old clogged up filter

Old vs new filter

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Gina is at vw Lincoln today, to have a new egr fitted. I’ve been told it’s a 4-5 hour job, so I’m just hanging around Lincoln shops until it’s ready for collection.

I do plan on debadging the boot later on today, to remove the Golf and 2.0 tdi badges but leaving the centre badge, as its part of the boot handle system.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Egr has been replaced and Gina drives and feels exactly the same, I didn’t expect any change in performance etc etc anyway.

So after collecting Gina around 4pm, I came home and decided that I was going to remove the rear badges like I mentioned earlier.

I’ll list what I used,

Dental floss,
Full kettle of boiling water,
Autoglym tar remover,
Meguires scratch remover and pad,
Poor boys black hole polish,
Auto finesse glisten spray wax.

The whole process took about an hour and luckily I didn’t have to use a toffee wheel, as the badges came off with ease.

Before

After

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Glad you got the EGR sorted. Have you given the car a full service yet? Change the oil regularly. 10k. Car looks better semi debadged.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It had an oil, filter, air filter and diesel filter change before I collected it. I’m going to keep the service book fully updated and I’m using an app that tracks your cars requirements using a obd tool that vw are handing out for free.

The next thing on my list is the belt and water pump to be changed, vw have a set price for it depending on engine size and engine code. I think the lady said mine was £449 all in.

I’m gonna have to save for afew weeks for that, definitely getting that done before the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just paid for a mk6 gti gear knob and gaiter, absolute bargain from eBay. Hopefully it’ll arrive on saturday.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
With an online code I managed to get both front wipers from gsf for £22 down from £56.

Bosch aerotwin ftw.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Still waiting for the gearstick to arrive. Also got some more visual mods coming soon.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
My gti gearstick finally arrived almost a week late.

Anyway I’m home early from work today, so I decided to get it put on.

Quite simple really but I think it makes a huge difference.

Standard gearstick

Gti gearstick

Standard vs gti

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So this mod will probably only last afew weeks as they are only stickers. I was thinking of spraying the chrome lines but I couldn’t split the grill no matter how hard I tried.

Grill before

Grill after

Before

After

·
Registered
155 Posts
Car looks good (and nice cat!)
I stuck some of that red strip on my Corsa grill...it lasted 2 years before I needed to change it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Lol I didn’t even notice that my cat was in the picture. If the tape falls off, I’ll just take it to a body shop near Dexel in town, get it sprayed.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
I’m not sure what’s next, I’m hoping to get some new alloys soon and then look at getting a larger spoiler, different diffuser and maybe a front bumper extension. Need to save up for a while.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So I’ve just received afew small bits through the post. I’ll be doing some changes to Gina this weekend. I’ll post an update and pictures once I done the bits.

I’ve also ordered a spoiler for Gina, I’ve not received it yet. I’m going to a proper body shop to have it prepped and painted. I’m tempted to fit it myself but I’ll talk to the body shop first.

Here’s a pic of the spoiler I’ve ordered.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Came back to the transport office at work today to find this,

It’s the fibreglass spoiler I ordered from eBay.
I quickly test fitted it by holding it in place, it looks like I good fit and won’t require too much adjustment to get it to fit properly. I’m very happy with it.
Just need to pop to the local body shop and ask how much it’ll cost to paint and fit, hopefully not to much.

41 - 60 of 207 Posts