Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

61 - 80 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yeah I’m bracing myself for a £100+ bill for it to be done for me. I’ll know more once I’ve been and spoken to them.
I know it’s a lot of money and I could save loads by doing it myself, but I want this done right and to look as oem as possible. I’ll update as soon as I’ve spoken to them. (Saturday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Today being nice, thought I’d do afew bits to Gina, having received afew bits through the post recently.

Had a rear wiper delete and red led t10 bulbs to change.

The red bulbs are for the footwell lights that stay on whilst your driving.

Before

After

Obviously they’ll look better at night.

Rear wiper before

After

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
I also went for a walk to the bodyshop to see about spray painting and fitting the rear spoiler, unfortunately he wasn’t open, only works Monday to Friday.
Here’s a pic of the spoiler at the moment.

I’m really excited about how it’s going to look once it’s fitted.

I’ve decided I’m going for an oem+ look on Gina, so this spoiler will be sprayed the same colour as Gina is, just need to speak to the guy at the bodyshop during the week instead.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
After having afew people comment about how my wiper delete stands too proud from the rear window/glass, I’ve ordered a flush fit style delete.
It arrived today and I’ll probably fit it at the weekend. My only issue is that it’s a glue in style of delete, so once it’s in, it’s staying in.

I’m still trying to sort out getting the rear spoiler painted and fitted, just haven’t had time to go anywhere as my hours have increased and I’m not getting home until late.

I’m going to call/phone afew places tomorrow, for prices etc etc.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Things done today,
Changed the wiper delete with a flush fit delete,
Fitted some door catch covers.

Wiper delete before

Flush fit wiper delete fitted

Door catch before

Door catch cover fitted

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Also had afew quotes from some bodyshops about the rear spoiler, the prices range from £150 - £380!, the only one I’ve not managed to talk to yet is one that’s local to me. I’ve heard he’s cheaper than most but still does a great job.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I’ve ordered afew more bits and bobs, hopefully I’ll receive it all before the weekend. I’ll post some more before and after pictures.

Also Gina is booked in with vw for a cambelt and water pump change in the middle of next month, which is quite expensive, but needs to be changed as per service requirements.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Received something today that I’d ordered on Thursday, Black chrome exhaust tips.
I’m very happy with them, they just slide on and look really nice. Not a bad price either (£15), they are really good quality and have good reviews about them.

Before

After

Also forgot, I met up with j3ese (you tuber) in Nottingham on Saturday afternoon, he was having a car meet for reaching 10k subscribers. I decided to go as I was giving him some car parts I no longer need. Whilst I was there, I got a sticker to show my support for his channel.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
My replacement footwell cob leds turned up today, a lot earlier than I expected. So I got them changed over ASAP.
Cheap red leds

New cob leds

Old vs new

I’ll post a pic of them on when it’s dark, way too light at the moment to see what the cob style ones are like.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Just been to a local bodyshop for a quote on getting the spoiler sprayed and fitted, I’m happy to say it’s booked in for the first week of December.
They’ve said they need the car on the Monday (3rd) for test fitting/fettling of the spoiler and then they’ll need the car about 3-4 days later for the actual final fitting.
The quote was £180+vat = £216.

Really looking forward to it being painted and fitted.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Forgot to post the cob led footwell lights from lastnight. Here’s afew pictures I took, taken with my iPhone.
Drivers side

Passenger side

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
A picture I’ve just taken from the backseat, trying to get a clear image of the lights

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So it’s been awhile since my last update,

Gina is at vw Lincoln today for the cambelt and water pump change. She hit 70k miles lastnight so the mileage is spot on for the work being done today.
Gina looking all alone.

In afew weeks time, the spoiler gets sprayed and fitted, I can’t wait.

I’m still looking to change the alloys and lower the car, but this time of year is a financial nightmare, so next year is when I’m going to start changing things again.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Also, Gina has been faultless since my ownership, the mpg I get still amazes me and the car is just so nice to drive.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So the cambelt and water pump change went smoothly, no problems at all.
The technician/mechanic has highlighted a problem though, one of my rear shockers is leaking.
Luckily this is something I can sort out myself.
I was thinking of upgrading the shocks to bilstein b4’s when I lower it next year, so I’m going to start saving for this before I change the alloys.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
That’s actually the springs I’ve been looking at, probably only going 20-30mm max.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I think they are h15 bulbs, I’m not 100% sure. I was thinking of upgrading them but I can’t seem to find any, other than led type bulbs.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I’m going for a “less is more” style with this car, Subtle mods.

61 - 80 of 224 Posts