Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

81 - 100 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Definitely h15 bulbs dual filament. The current one in the car are stock osram ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I dropped off the spoiler at the bodyshop today, he placed it on the car to see how much prep work there was going to be, and to my surprise it only needs rubbing down on one side to make it sit right. He said i got lucky because aftermarket spoilers are usually crap fitment, especially fibreglass ones.

They are gonna call me when they need the car to fit it on, probably Wednesday morning.

So once they have the car, I’ll probably be picking it back up Wednesday night before they close or first thing Thursday morning.

I’ll update with pictures very soon.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
No mine are H15 bulbs not t15. Lol.
They are drl and full beam dual filament.

See pic

I’ll definitely consider a brighter reverse light though, just haven’t looked to see which type it is yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
My bad. Completely forgot. Are you running millers shots or shell vpower or BP ultimate every now and again?

Were you able to look at any of the filters etc. The cabin filter is one people rarely do.

I run BP ultimate all the time but it’s a 190ps diesel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I’m using shell v power diesel whenever possible, However i am guilty of using supermarket fuels afew times because they are closer to where I live. I’ve not added any fuel Additives yet but I might try some this weekend

The cabin filter wasn’t changed on the last service, so I’ve already done that afew months back due to getting bad smells from the ac, all sorted with a new filter and some bacterial spray.

The air filter, fuel filter and oil was all done the day before I collected the car.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
You don’t have to use v power but it helps. It all comes from the same place but it saves me having to order millers and trying to get the Mrs to put it in each and every time so we put BP ultimate. Roughly £5 more a tank for me than supermarket fuel.

Some places use more bio diesel in the mix when it comes to diesel though. If it doesn’t say EN590 don’t use it. Regarding normal diesel.

Never use bio diesel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I’m not sure if there’s a BP station near me, I’ll have to check. Whats the EN590 refer to? Is it about the quality of it or what it’s mixed with?

I prefer to use shell anyway due to receiving points for money off vouchers, and it’s supposed to be better quality fuel or cleaner fuel etc etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
It’s just a standard. EN590 will only relate to standard fuel. So check for that when putting normal diesel in.

The likes of v power and BP ultimate are different though as they are premium. I would prefer shell but I don’t have one here.

When you service your car next search for Quantum longlife 3, 5w30 it’s Audi/VW genuine oil. £26 on eBay or amazon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Isn't the fuel station at Damons/Doddington Road roundabout a BP? I'm sure it was anyway. But always thought it was dear, because of being on the bypass no doubt.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
@IndigoGrrl You don’t need to put premium fuel in really because your car runs perfectly fine on standard fuel. It’s just helps keep the engine cleaner. Most fuel just comes from the same refineries, it’s just the additive pack that’s added. Not going to get performance gains in a small engine in the Corsa.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ah Ok, thanks. I must admit I heard bad things about supermarket fuel so try and use Shell, giving it a treat of V-Power when I'm feeling flush!

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
It’s good to put it in every now and again. You can also buy fuel additives that do the same thing. Just make sure it’s EN590 for diesel. Look up at the pump.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Your right!!, there is a BP at Damon’s roundabout. I had no idea!!! Lol.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
So finally the spoiler is painted and fitted.

The bodyshop had to delay the work due to a family issue which I won’t go into. They informed me that it would be painted and ready to fit over the weekend.
So I dropped my car off on Friday night and have collected today (Tuesday).

Whilst out doing my deliveries, I received a call this morning saying it was ready, luckily I was heading back to work to reload, so I stopped on the way to have a look at it and to pay for it.

I only took one picture then my battery went flat so, here’s a before and after.

Before

After

I’m thinking about having the middle brake light tinted as it’s very red and stands out loads.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Also fitted some cob led t10 bulbs in the interior roof lights. Not the best pictures due to my crappy iPhone.
Front

Rear

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Love doing this sort of thing. Figuring out what can fit is all the more fun. Have you done the number plate lights yet?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Not yet, it’s too dark now to see clearly what I’m doing, I’ll wait till the weekend when I’ve got some daylight. I’m hoping the same bulbs I bought will fit straight in.

81 - 100 of 207 Posts