Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

121 - 140 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Just a little update,

I’ve still not received my bilstein b4’s and eibach springs from demontweeks yet.
I ordered them on the 16th of February and received an email stating they confirmed the order and the items would be with me within 2weeks. Obviously it’s been a little while longer than 2 weeks, so I’ve rang them to ask for a delivery date. Anyway the date they gave me came and went and still no parts. I called them afew days ago and now they are saying I will get them at the end of this month.
The problem I have is that I was hoping to get the suspension all fitted and done before Gina has her MOT on the 12th April.

So I’m currently in limbo about when I’ll get the parts, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Yay. Front shockers , eibach springs have arrived.
Rear shockers have not arrived though.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Once the rear shockers arrive, hopefully soon, I’ll be getting everything fitted.

I can honestly say, my experience with buying from demontweeks has been terrible.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
What a pitty about the rear shocks not coming. I would be having a word there with them. Push for some form of compensation on the price of the shocks. Looking forward to pics

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
The alloys look diamond cut. You should try to avoid these alloys as they are I Biach if you scratch them. The whole cut section has to be redone each time. They do look nice though. Please put on some decent rubber. A good tyre that won’t break the bank is Nokian ZLine. They get great reviews and are slightly cheaper than the usual top brands. Brilliant in the wet. What size tyres go on the alloys?

The tyres that I mentioned are known for winter but their summer tyres are right up there with the best. The new model of the Nokian z Line is Nokian power proof (2019) model. There is also the Goodyear Eagle f1 asymmetrical 3 going cheap because the new asymmetrical 5 is out.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Forgot to update this lastnight,
my rear shocks arrived lastnight, one day after the other parts arrived. So finally I have a full set of front and rear shocks and my new springs.

I’m going to see the garage today to get the car booked in for everything to be fitted asap.

I’m not going to dwell on the fact it’s taken 6weeks and 5 phone calls to get my parts, but I’m currently writing a letter of complaint to the manager/owner of demontweeks about my customer experience with them.

Updates and pics to follow

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
The alloys are indeed diamond cut ones, I really like them but they have very bad lacquer peel and various curb marks. I’ve spoken to afew wheel refurb places and received afew quotes. The tyres I want are uniroyal rainsport 3, But I’m open to suggestions. The tyre size is 225/40/18 xl 92y.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
When the time comes to buy some tyres I’ll be checking out the various options available.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
So I had some time today to give Gina a quick maintenance wash and wax. Only spent afew hours this time but the results are very good. I’m finding silver a hard colour to get a glossy reflection from, but it does come up well.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #132 (Edited)
Received a small package through the post on Friday, red anodised engine bolts. I bought them from wish for £1.50. I thought I’d try them and see how they looked.
Here’s some before and after pictures.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
So with my MOT on Friday next week and not being able to get the car booked in for the new suspension fitted till after the MOT date, I decided to fit just the new rear shockers today.

I knew they was knackered but I was shocked to find how knackered they was.
Basically when the shaft was compressed by hand, which I was able to do with one hand, the shaft failed to rise even after 5 minutes.

Picture of the old shocker next to the new one.

New shocker fitted (both sides but only took one picture)

So to sum up, I’ve only fitted the rear shockers to get it through the MOT. The eibach springs and front bilstein B4 shocks will be fitted in afew weeks time. I don’t have spring compressors to do the fronts shockers hence why I didn’t do all the work myself.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Mot day.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon, checking bulbs, topping up fluids, filling the car with v-power and going on a long run up the A1, all in readiness for the mot this morning.

Gina was dropped off at 8.30am and I went off to the nearest Tesco for a breakfast whilst waiting to hear of Gina’s fate.

At 9.15am I received a call to say my car was ready for collection and that it had passed with no advisories.

The mot tester actually praised the car saying it was a very clean car for its age, and that I’d done well to find one so clean underneath for its age.

So yeah Gina has passed and I couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Yeah I agree, normally mot day means having to splash out on parts at an unknown cost. It’s such a hassle.

I’m just glad it’s done for another year.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Just a small mod for Gina.
I was sick of my fone sliding around on top of the ashtray, so I bought a custom fit rubber mat.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Just a quick update,

Gina is booked in to have the front bilstein b4’s and the eibach springs fitted on Friday 17th may. Finally!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
So Gina is now with the guys at Vag auto care in Lincoln. The bilstein shocks and eibach springs get fitted today. Just gotta wait afew hours now until I get the phone call.
I’ve taken some before pics and I’ll post these with comparison pictures later today.

121 - 140 of 224 Posts