Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

GTC roof rusted and paint bubbling

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  WesBez 
#1 ·
Evening guys, so picked up my gtc on friday and its been brilliant, however today i decided to give it a clean and a good going over and found some tip-ex on the bumper. I thought this was a little strange so i removed it anyway and found a little scratch underneath it. As its a used car I was expecting some wear and tear signs. Cleaned the rest of the car and when I got to the roof I noticed more tipex on a few spots and again removed it to then find that there was actually rust underneath. There are 4 spots on the roof one of which the paint has started bubbling. I phoned the guy and he said he would order in a touch up pen which to be honest is not gonna be much good as its just covering up the problem and not actually sorting it. i'm paying just over 12 grand on it and its a 13 plate. Needing some advice guys, i dont want to give the car up as it is a cracker but the issue with the rust is pretty bad in my eyes and I wouldnt see that as wear and tear over 3 years.

#5 ·
cheers guys. hadn't even thought about chips away. I'll take it into them tomorrow once i finish work and see what he says. I work for allied vehicles and weve got a body shop just across from where i work so ill see if i can get someone to have a look aswel for a second opinion

#6 ·
Most used cars are sold as seen with bodywork and wheels and paint warranty is only a year from new.

Warranty is usually only mechanicals but worth to drop it back and see what they say

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
well i had a quick result today. I sent an email to their customer services department and the salesman spoke to me today and said that they are going to look at the car and respray and lacquer the defects. At least they have taken it quite serious and they have already arranged a day for it to be done

#10 ·
so I got my "respray" today, gotta say this is some pretty impressive finger painting brace yourselves :p

Slight improvement but realistically they have just covered it up with the same as before. very dissatisfied is an understatement. went in to the dealership and had a cup of tea and time to drink it before my car was back outside ready for me. I also have a nice little paper cup with paint inside it taped up in my car aswel now. Am i just being picky here or am i quite right as i said the car isn't even three years old

#11 ·
It may just be my eyesight or my OCD but it looks like no real improvement. What did you say before you drove off?

Pictures (before and after) and a miffed email/letter to their head office if you do not get satisfaction from the dealer. If they had Chipsaway (or similar) do the job i am sure it would have been seamless.

Good luck,

Yorkie

#12 ·
Im not even taking it back to the dealer mate if thats what they think is great customer service then they are having a laugh. The paint is still bubbled and i can guarentee when i wash the car it will come off again and expose the rust. gonna write to customer services again with before and after pictures and see what happens but im not taking it back to that dealership. I've had cars through arnold clark previously and its always been a breeze so i am quite shocked that someone thinks that this is acceptable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.