Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Are you replacing like for like? If you’re upgrading you will need a wiring adapter, Vauxhall to iso and a steering wheel adapter, you’ll also need stereo removal tools and a Ariel adapter. I’m assuming you are fairly good with spanners and the like, so read to stereo book that’s with your new one. Right, taking out the old stereo, battery off first, then stereo tools into the little holes either side, you’ll need to push them nearly all the way in so there’s about 2-3 cms left out then pulling and wiggling the stereo out. It should come reasonably easy but as a tip, a knife from the kitchen, not a sharp one, one you eat with to help between the old stereo and the dash, just be careful not to mark the dash as you will see it forever. Once it’s out there’ll be the Ariel lead, grey I think, pull that out then the big connector at the back with the wires, pinch the sides and lift the bit at the bottom of it, just like opening a can of beer and that should be it. All you’re wiring now needs to be connected up. That should be easy enough as if it doesn’t go in easily it’s wrong. Now get the metal cage out, it’ll be sharp so watch out, you can be a bit brutal with it if needed, but there’s bits on it that’ll be bent out to keep it in the dash, if you see them, help them the other way with a screwdriver and get it out. Dry fit your new stereo as you might need the peg with the rubber on screwing in to the back of it to stop it falling down. Take it out again and put the new cage in, the more tabs you press through the better it’ll fit, if your new stereo is half as tall as the old one you’ll need a fascia adapter too, this goes in before the new stereos cage, once all that’s done plug your electric connections and Ariel in and slide it into the dash. It might not go in easy as there’s more wiring in there now so you might have to use it out of the way. Before it goes too far in put battery back on, see if it all lights up then push it in till it clicks, fit any surrounds that have come with the stereo as nd away you go. You’ll still have your clock and temp on the dash working but the clock won’t alter automatically like it does now. Should take about a hour. Then you’ll be wanting to do the speakers next but that’s another thread! Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant thank you for the guide I’m replacing it for a pioneer touch screen one. Am I right on thinking you need to wire an ignition lead to it mines just a ecoflex Corsa.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Should be all there, years ago when I had a nova you had to swap the power and memory wire over when you plumbed them in. I’m guessing you’ve all the bits you need to go ahead, just be aware of the power wire thing, it’ll either be red or yellow that you have to swap from memory, you’ll know when you connect up before you fit the cage if you programme a radio station in and get it going then turn the ignition off, wait 30seconds or so then power up again, if the station is still there then it’s right wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts