Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im getting my corsa sxi 1.2 in 3 days, and am curious to know how it handles regarding suspension and understeer/lift off oversteer tendancies.

My previous car is a KA (dont laugh :p) i'll miss the "go kart" handling alot but it suffered from huge understeer and in the wet is frankly dangerous. It also suffered a bit with really soft springs which i never bothered to replace.

Is the SXI suspension quite firm as i have only ever test driven a design, and am told the SXI features uprated springs and dampers.

Hopefully i can be enlightened.

Tom

·
Registered
258 Posts
You will never be going fast enough in a 1.2 D to push the handling to its absolute limits. they are decent enough handling cars.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You will never be going fast enough in a 1.2 D to push the handling to its absolute limits. they are decent enough handling cars.
Was about to say the exact same thing!!!

I could not beleive how slow the 1.2 Corsa D is compared to the 1.2 Corsa C which I owned previously. When I test drove the 1.2 I took it 500 metres away from the garage before I turned round and took it back, it was pants!!!!

I did not think the 1.4 was much better either.

But yes they do handle pretty well.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
the corsa D petrols are slugs..

1.4 D = 1.2 C
1.2 D = 12v C
12v D = erm.. really slow..

above are the approx speed comparisons but the D 1.4 is the best petrol besides the 1.6 turbo.

The derv's in the D are much better suited to the weight of the car.. as i have had a 1.2/1.4 and 1.3 CDTi 90ps cars when my C was at vx..

The handling, well i love it espeically with the sports suspention :yummy: so much better then the C :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
the corsa D petrols are slugs..

1.4 D = 1.2 C
1.2 D = 12v C
12v D = erm.. really slow..

above are the approx speed comparisons but the D 1.4 is the best petrol besides the 1.6 turbo.

The derv's in the D are much better suited to the weight of the car.. as i have had a 1.2/1.4 and 1.3 CDTi 90ps cars when my C was at vx..

The handling, well i love it espeically with the sports suspention :yummy: so much better then the C :lol:
I'd like to see what my Design would handle like with SXI suspention, cause it handle bloody good as it is now

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
its like the 1.6 astra i got.. its nippy when starting off at speed but once on the move its slow.. :\

but if get a D get the derv's or 1.6 turbo perv engine :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was about to say the exact same thing!!!

I could not beleive how slow the 1.2 Corsa D is compared to the 1.2 Corsa C which I owned previously. When I test drove the 1.2 I took it 500 metres away from the garage before I turned round and took it back, it was pants!!!!
I found that too, but then I realised the gear ratios are completely different.

On the D, 4th gear is closer than 5th to the 5th on the C. So basically you have to re-learn what gear to be in, and use the rev counter a bit, although I hate the way the rev counter and speedo both have 10, 20, 30 etc on, rather than 1, 2, 3 etc on the rev counter.

A lot of people on the C forums complain how much the car screams on the motorway so I think that's why the D only does 3k rpm rather than 4k at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found that too, but then I realised the gear ratios are completely different.

On the D, 4th gear is closer than 5th to the 5th on the C. So basically you have to re-learn what gear to be in, and use the rev counter a bit, although I hate the way the rev counter and speedo both have 10, 20, 30 etc on, rather than 1, 2, 3 etc on the rev counter.

A lot of people on the C forums complain how much the car screams on the motorway so I think that's why the D only does 3k rpm rather than 4k at motorway speeds.
Yes, the C did scream a bit on mway, especilay over 90mph

·
Registered
521 Posts
Get a corsa VXR great handling and power.......... its petrol and aint no slug pal,lmfao

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Im sure they said the only petrols to get would be the 1.6 turbo's OR the 1.4 N/A.. :slap: otherwise dont bother unless you dont want to go fast :look:

But the handling is so much better then the C which ever set up you get.. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts