Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new.Corsa heating not working at all.
Booked into garage but he can’t give me a price as he says he won’t know where heater motor is located until he looks- tried to goigle this but can’t find answer.
He says it will be a very whick job if under glove box- or a longer,more expensive one if dashboard has to be removed to get at motor.
So can someone please tell me which it might be please? 1st car and don’t want to be ripped off. Heater fan resistor was changed about 3 months ago and heating worked for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh- mechanic advised me to buy heater motor myself as said it would be cheaper.Is this something I could do if it is under glove box.If so how ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Or do you mean you have no heat but fan blowing ?

The motor is very easy to access should not take a pro any longer than an hour To change

the motors are also on ebay they are shared with alot of different cars So are easy to find

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine stopped working the day after i bought it (second hand) i gave the glove box lid a slap and it fired up its only done it one more time since i believe the copper on the motor shaft where the brushed contact it goes black over time and needs cleaning to be honest my car is a good few years old so if it fails more frequently or stops altogether i will replace it, if it only works on number 4 its not the motor its the resistor..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone.I bought heater motor for £75.Mechanic charged £20 to replace it.Jib done.Had tried banging tuba jif glove box and mechanic had tried fiddling around with connection.Job done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the uncertainty of not knowing cost.Not having gone to a mechanic before and whether he was a good,honest one etc. He did say with some cars dash has to come off and is a bigger job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts