Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have recently had a service and they cannot reset the light I have also tried so many methods but with no success. Normally I wouldn’t be bothered as the car drives perfect, but my insurance policy needs a black box on the car but they won’t fit it because of this light. The policy will be cancelled if I can’t get rid of it. Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have never reset the light on my daughter's corsa d but she has had the black box fitted by ins company.Other thing u can try is disconnecting the
NEGATIVE terminal of battery ,leave for few minutes and reconnect again to see.Changing the insurance company is the other way forward

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have never reset the light on my daughter's corsa d but she has had the black box fitted by ins company.Other thing u can try is disconnecting the
NEGATIVE terminal of battery ,leave for few minutes and reconnect again to see.Changing the insurance company is the other way forward
Changing the insurance would mean buying another one costing me 1400. The reason they won’t do it is in case I complain saying it’s their fault it’s on. I have tried the battery method only unplugged the negative but think that should do left it for 20 mins and no change came on straight away.

·
Registered
286 Posts
my daughter got black box from HASTINGS SMART MILES.u can try comparison site confused.com for a new quote and let the present insurer cancel the policy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my daughter got black box from HASTINGS SMART MILES.u can try comparison site confused.com for a new quote and let the present insurer cancel the policy.
But I won’t get my money back from the insurance as I have been with them for 7 months just changed car as my last one gave in. I won’t get my money back so I’d be spending over a grand just because the light won’t go off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi Eban ,now i see your point of view. cant the garage help u with resetting light
It’s booked in for Tuesday but I don’t have that long till the insurance cancels my policy for it not being on

1 - 20 of 26 Posts