Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out with the reasons why buying a 3 door corsa is better than a 5 door so i can prove my mate wrong once and for all. Is there anything that comes extra with the 3 door that you dont get with the 5 and vise versa?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
less weight goes faster :lol:
2 less doors so mates cant jump in back expecting a lift
looks better

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figures

Yeh i assumed that the 3 door would be a little quicker off the mark than the 5 door but the figures say they are exactly the same. Has anyone driven the 1.7 CDTi yet? and if so what do they think of the peformance of it compared to similar kinds of car etc?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have one and tbh aint that impressed with the standard model very laggy n absolutely no go off turbo. i have my one boxed now and its much much better! if i had the choice again i would get the 90bhp 1.3 much nicer drivin motor and not much slower than a standard 1.7 :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
My black 1.7 cdti sxi is a 5 door model (for family reasons) and so obviously if you're going to have any passengers in the back then it has a higher roof etc...

As for driving, on the whole i really like it but agree that under 2000 revs you really need to be aware you might have to change down a gear to zip round something stopping in front of you.

That being said, when it's moving and above the magic 2000 revs then it really is quite punchy.

I stuck on the 17" wheels and having driven one with the normal wheels, apart from looking much nicer, they really firm up the steering.

Personally I think the new Corsa looks really nice and drives very nicely but perhaps does lack a little in those 20-30 mph low rev conditons. I'd be interested in "boxing" it but am very concerned about knackering the Warranty etc.. let alone how to do it and cost etc....

·
Registered
39 Posts
hhhm, i love the 3 door, but i also love thr 5 door. its so much more . . . easier if you have to take a few people with

1 - 10 of 10 Posts