Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I Just Bought Some Led Lights To Fit In The Footwell Of My Car But Dont Have A Clue How To Fit Them So Could Someone Please Give Me Step-By-Step Instructions.

·
Premium Member
31,088 Posts
Have you got the direct replacement bulbs or the complete kit for adding some more light?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emm I Just Have Type S Leds, They Currently Just Plug Into The Cigarette Lighter But I Wont To Hard Wire Them So You Can`t See Any Wires

·
Premium Member
31,088 Posts
Well the best way that i know of is to use scotch locks to connect to your footwell lights and then you can run the wires anywhere you want. I have done that all around mine! :)

·
Premium Member
31,088 Posts
Why not do both like i have done and visit blackpool everytime you open the door! Lol!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers ROBIN HOOD but i think this proofs how much i know about cars cause i dont know what they are :shock:. i already have leds but dont know how to wire them so when i start the car the leds come on ?

·
July Feature Car
4,784 Posts
Cheers ROBIN HOOD but i think this proofs how much i know about cars cause i dont know what they are :shock:. i already have leds but dont know how to wire them so when i start the car the leds come on ?
dont you have the normal vx footwell lights mate, just chnage them bulbs, you want festoon bulbs off ebay only like £2 or so just measure the length of oringinal bulb and pick ya colour you want!! easy as!

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
If you are wiring in LED strips, I wired mine to the glovebox light and have a switch down in the centre cup holders so I can switch them on/off whenever I want.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont have the strips but that would be good to have the switch but how did you wire them into the glove box lights ?

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
Best way to do it is to remove the glove box, 2 screws at the top and 2 underneath. The glove box will just pull out then and you will see the 2 wires going to the glove box light. Connect the wires for the LED strips to these wires (in the correct polarity) and hey presto.

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
I ran the wires behind the glove box and the centre console then I ran the switch up underneath the cup holders.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok thanks alot i think i mite try to put the switch under the headlights switch. do you have any pic of your leds ?

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
Not LED strips but the wiring will be identical:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts