Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corsa D. I got it new in 2010. A big bit of rust fell off so took it into the garage - it's a Vauxhall approved one. I've taken it there every year and paid ++ just to keep the Lifetime Warranty up. They say the sub floor is rotten and needs replaced. Any idea of cost? Shouldn't they have picked up on it at the last service/MOT (end Sept 2019)? Is this a known fault? Do you think Vauxhall would help with the cost?
Theoretically, how long does it take for a sub floor to get that bad?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a Corsa D. I got it new in 2010. A big bit of rust fell off so took it into the garage - it's a Vauxhall approved one. I've taken it there every year and paid ++ just to keep the Lifetime Warranty up. They say the sub floor is rotten and needs replaced. Any idea of cost? Shouldn't they have picked up on it at the last service/MOT (end Sept 2019)? Is this a known fault? Do you think Vauxhall would help with the cost?
Theoretically, how long does it take for a sub floor to get that bad?
When you say sub floor you mean part of your floor has rotted through.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They said the suspension area was rotten and that something called the wishbone was about to snap. He then said the sub floor is rotten and that's all I could get out of him as he's still to get it up on a ramp. The driver side is the rusted part. He then said - you may as well get both sides done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You must mean subframe? Common for these and the Punto (with which it shares) . I know someone who recently replaced one, non genuine, for just over 100 quid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts