Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’ve got a 60 plate Corsa 1.2 SXI and I’ve had it for 3 years and it’s done 108,000 Kept up with services and had various work: coil pack less then 2 years ago, thermostat 2 weeks ago, water tank replacement, air intake sensor less than 1 year ago.

So 3 days ago - I drove to Preston. Admittedly I didn’t check my oil like an idiot. Checked today and was below the hatched markings so I’ve topped up. Whilst I topped it up it the oil cap had small milk on it (never EVER happened before, not in the dipstick) so I’ve wiped it and topped up.

Currently there is a weird ticking noise coming from the engine and it’s worse in 1st and 2nd gear. Took the garage who said it’s not the timing chain but air in the engine which MAY come out or be a new permanent sound. He said it could also be oil pressure ect.

There is also a intermittent short screech on start (my mechanic says it is the fan belt)???

Now there is a weird shudder when I’m driving and it’s misfiring slightly but the coil pack was done less than 2 years ago and spark plugs done 3 months ago with a service.

No lights on the dash at all and it’s driving OK apart from the random misfires.
Any idea what this could be or if it’s on its last legs? I’m happy to put more money in if it’s not just going to die after 5k miles.

thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think its too much of a coincidence that you are having problems after driving a long distance with little oil in the engine, i would take it to a reputable garage and ask for a second opinion, if it is the chain making the noise and it breaks the repair bill will be the value of the car so its not worth the risk of gambling on what your mechanic has said, will he repair it for free if it is the chain which he says it isn't!

Where on the stick was the oil level was it lower than the point below?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts