Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after owning my black edition for 4 months due to circumstances changing, and partly for its p**s performance and mpg (about the same as a vxr but half the power -.-) im trading in my car for something, but i dont know what? I LOVE vxrs, but on VXRO ive seen many horror stories with the gearbox and clutch plus other things, and its putting me off. And i can't really find a 2nd hand car that i like? But i really dont want to get something that would be in garage every month.
Any vxr owners help me, do you regret gettin the vxr?!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I see your concern for VXRs, but its a forum where people are bound to put threads up with problems. There's not going to be a million threads with people just saying my car is great today, no problems with this and that. There's as many problem free cars as problem hit cars.

Find a well looked after car, look after it yourself and you might not get issues. Plus Warren G is our go to man for the gearbox. Not saying 100% buy a VXR but don't let the problem threads tint your view :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Always going to have problems with any car you buy just be prepared to pay IF it goes wrong which is not always the case.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Ye but what I'm saying is that there moaning about mpg being crap yet want something else that isn't going to be much difference. Apart from performance wise. If mpg is what they want better surely best to go for a sri cdti or something?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You dont get it. The mpg is crap for the power it has.. Vxr isnt much different so for an extra 70bhp it justifies it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My astra Sri 1.9 cdti is 150 bhp and keeps up with my mates astra Vxr to a certain speed. With the dtuk on it goes to 200bhp. Mine has smooth gears and clutch and most said I've got a astra that's been treated very well. I would look into the 150 diesel astra as tbh its the quickest diesel in its range and year. And they only break if its ragged from 1st gear. Very quick and amazing mpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see your concern for VXRs, but its a forum where people are bound to put threads up with problems. There's not going to be a million threads with people just saying my car is great today, no problems with this and that. There's as many problem free cars as problem hit cars.

Find a well looked after car, look after it yourself and you might not get issues. Plus Warren G is our go to man for the gearbox. Not saying 100% buy a VXR but don't let the problem threads tint your view :D
Thanks :) it just scares me as they not exactly cheap for age.. Looking at a 57/08 plate, wanting well under 40,000 miles, when going to view a vxr what can i look out for that may indicate problems?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My astra Sri 1.9 cdti is 150 bhp and keeps up with my mates astra Vxr to a certain speed. With the dtuk on it goes to 200bhp. Mine has smooth gears and clutch and most said I've got a astra that's been treated very well. I would look into the 150 diesel astra as tbh its the quickest diesel in its range and year. And they only break if its ragged from 1st gear. Very quick and amazing mpg
See i looked at them but was told they arent very strong as they are fiat engines? I know they pull really well, im just not sure about a diesel :/

·
Registered
857 Posts
See i looked at them but was told they arent very strong as they are fiat engines? I know they pull really well, im just not sure about a diesel :/
He'll no there vw passat engines lol but this pulls so much its often scares me haha. I also wasn't into the diesel but this has changed my mind 100%. I love it but I need to sell as I've lost too many hours at work and its been parked up every now and then to save diesel :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm ive just found a grey sri with 43,000 miles, its so clean, just under £7000 is that an alright price? didnt realise they had so much torque!

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you want more mpg then go for a 1.7 corsa sri. Remapped it will get 161 bhp and 255-260 torques. It will do 55 mpg in town and easily 60+ mpg on motorway. £30 a year tax

Ive got nothing against the vxrs I did look at one before getting my sri. But when you do 13K plus a year a vxr isnt the best option. To be fair a mapped 1.7 isnt a bad comprimise but dont think for a moment it will beat a vxr in speed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts