Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 61 plate limited edition, will be fitted to a eonon d5112. its the reverse camera from ebay (the £12ish one) that replaces the number plate light.

tried doing a few searches on here for a step by step guide, but no avail

looking for help with where to run cable to head unit, where carpet opens up etc, and how it gets wired up at the back end etc

·
Premium Member
15,444 Posts
on mine we took out the boot carpet and removed the plastic cover that runs along the inside of the boot, then fitted the camera passing the wires into the bumper and through the rubber grommet into the boot, then ran all the wires up the near side 2 chase into the wiring loom for the lights then the rca cable we ran behind the n/s panel then down the door trim, just pops off then up behind the glove box into the eonon, cant remember which colour wires we tapped into but if you ask kyle sri he still may have the pics from when he fitted his.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi i fitted one that replaces the number plate light on my 58 plate on friday. Its not too bad.

If u remove the back trim around the boot catch (where it locks) you will see a grommet on the left hand side of the car. Its where the number plate light power wires run. I made a hole in that and passed the wiring through into the boot.

From there you can run the wiring into the side compartment where you het access to the rear lights.

The passengers side is slightly easier for running wires i found, as you can remove the door trim and glove box.

I had to have both left and right side trims removed to run wires for that as well as a sub. If you need any help or advice let me know :).

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
excuse the tape but I used the green tape to make sure the sockets didn't fall apart during travels.

And the wiring into the lefthand side of the rear light loom.

I haven't got time tonight i'm afraid to do a full write up but be aware the wiring on the blue/purple wire may be a different wire, theres a way of checking but i've forgotten how you check for it lol

·
Premium Member
15,444 Posts
good point kyle yes the 3 door and the 5 door reverse wire is a different colour, mine is a 3 door and when kyle popped over we checked the wires on his and thats when we noticed, if you remove the bulb cluster you can trace which wire goes to which bulb anyway its easy.

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
The actual bulb holder camera has 1 wire coming off it with 2 sockets, a red and a yellow one. The yellow one you plug the long wire which you run the length of the car up to your head unit and the red wire you plug it in, then solder the wires in to the loom. Quite easy but getting the wires threaded can be a pain.

·
Registered
391 Posts
cheers guys... does it need to be soldered, or wrapped and eleccy tape do??
Soldering will provide a permanently good connection (no risk of wires coming free) but when I get my camera arrive I'll be using self stripping connectors ;(scotchLocks). Very handy little things.

Kyle - if you have enough time or a spare moment can you do a write up/pm me with more details of how you did this and things to look out for etc. ?

Ashley - It cant be that hard if plenty of people have done it :) do it!

Sent using Tapatalk :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm after reading this I think I might give the camera a miss :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
right have all leads in place, only annoying bit i found was getting wires from the light area through bumper... and from the bumper access panel (where first aid is) down to the side of the car. otherwise... easy!

am i correct in thinking its this wiring bundle im going into
using a kebab skewer to point it out!

and there are 5 wires, black to black and red to the blue/purple leaving yellow/purple, purple/grey and blue/white alone

·
Premium Member
15,444 Posts
Got mine off eBay mate was £15 delivered I think, will log in on laptop and have a look, or if you check out the eonon thread that me robbie and Buick did last year there is a link in there to the guy selling them that we got ours off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts