Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi right guys forgive me it's a 1.6 astra convertible not a corsa so sorry but I need help.

The engine management light has come on and is shuddering in 1st and 2 nd as if your pulling off in to high a gear what could this be thanks.

From the magical gypsy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i had that light the other day in my 61 plate corsa and it needed a new coilpack, has it gone into limp mode? can you rev over 3k easily?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No limp mode drives normal there is a squeak like it coming from the brakes and it shudders in 1st and 2nd no limp mode as I blasted it to try and clear it through but nothing changed.

From the magical gypsy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's at work and I have my own diagnostics computer but have to wait till tonight to do it so was hoping someone could advise me in the right direction so I know what it might be lol. Guess I got to leave it to the computer now. Thanks tho mate.

From the magical gypsy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My diagnostics said Cylinder 2 miss fire so I'm gunna go with spark plug and change them all. Could it be anything else.

From the magical gypsy.

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Coil packs matey as someone said before. If the missfire is only on one cylinder it cant be timing otherwise all 4 would be out. But yeah change all the plugs. If that dont help look towards the coil pack

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate I will try plugs then failing that coil pack lol are they hard to change on Astra's.

From the magical gypsy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
just go straight for coil pack, i had this issue last week, took it into vauxhall under warrenty, an hour later coilpack changed and car was fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts