Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm going to look at a corsa sri 1.6t just wonderd if anyone knows the car as the owner is saying it has had alot of work done.
He took it in an exchange and dident receive any paper work to back up what is meant to be done .. list/pics thanks for any help.
Screenshot_20210701-230057_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
If it's got no paperwork to tell you what's been done to it, I'd avoid going any further.

Get a stock VXR with paperwork. Least you know where you stand if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I get what your saying just thought it may be worth a ask ...just in case I might be able to find out more details about it ...also it's not going to.be my main car just as a toy/project ect

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I get what your saying just thought it may be worth a ask ...just in case I might be able to find out more details about it ...also it's not going to.be my main car just as a toy/project ect
I'd get a stock one if you want it as a project then you know what's been altered/modified. Plus you can have it as you want it rather then unknowns.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,168 Posts
Very difficult one this, as has been said above a standard vxr or 1.6 turbo would be a better place to start but if you’ve limited funds then that’s maybe not the answer, if the car runs right, and drives right, it needs a good long test drive too to highlight any faults and sounds right then if, and only if it’s the right money then get it, but don’t take it there and then, go back a day or two later and have another go in it if you can, that way you won’t have the “what a weapon this car is I’ll have to have it” head on and get insurance and breakdown cover sorted before the drive home. As soon as you can get it looked at by a garage or good friend that knows cars and change the fluids and belts given there’s no service/ modification records then you’ve done the basics, if you’re planning on having it stood, try and start it up every week or so and take it out for a run every month or so, just to keep things free and running, and if you’ve been “using the engine” cough cough give the turbo time to cool when you park up as a freshly spanked turbo is nice and hot and can get damaged if it hasn’t oil circulating round it for a couple of minutes. If you do get it , good luck and hope you enjoy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts