Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Horn not working (novice, help needed)

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SxiDave 
#1 ·
As stated above, horn isn’t working, car failed it’s MOT, taken the car to a garage to repair the horn and basically they’ve ran out of time to try and fix it and are shutting today for 3 months due to this coronavirus. So £66 down and still no horn.

I did, however, manage to ask nicely for the sheet of paper showing his testing ect and that chap said it’s between the relay and the BCM where there is a fault. He tested the steering column control module and that’s all working ok too.

He said the BCM and working so thinks it’s the connection between the BCM and the relay, but couldn’t say for sure untill he tested it.

Is there a way I can change the relay in the BCM to see if it’s that? I’m sure he said there was a relay in there too.

Copy of the diagram attached, any help would be much appreciated ?

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Could try and put a new length if wire in if you want, make the connections good and strong see what happens. If it is the relay try and swap it for one that you know is working as there could be a loose connector in the relay itself, it’s not unheard of.

#3 ·
A relay has power, earth, switch in and switch out, so when you press the horn button it completes a circuit and allows current to flow through, not unlike a tap with water. If your horn works with a power direct to it it only leaves the relay that’s at fault. I’d try a auto electrician and see what they find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.