Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have a lot a money to fill up the tank completely and the light has come on so I was wondering how far the car can go before running out. Its petrol and has currently done 378.4 miles since I last filled up.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Don't have a lot a money to fill up the tank completely and the light has come on so I was wondering how far the car can go before running out. Its petrol and has currently done 378.4 miles since I last filled up.
I personally would stay away from doing this, whilst the reserve is there for emergency, having the fuel tank suck up all the crud on the bottom is not worth the potential engine issues. I believe it is approx 50miles though.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
I agree with Everson and also if you get it wrong and miss guess its going to be an expensive recovery or a long walk to the nearest filling station also if you cause an obstruction you could get a fine as explained below -

Running out of fuel isn't illegal in itself, but any careless or dangerous driving that results from it could see you punished by law. If you end up having to stop and that causes an obstruction to other road users, you could receive a penalty of £100 and three points on your driving licence

1 - 3 of 3 Posts