Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Thorney stage 1 sri turbo which I am looking to get an exhaust for. If I was to buy a full turbo back decat exhaust I know the Car should be mapped for performance benefits however Thorney have stopped mapping stage 2 or stage 3 so to see any benefits I'd have to bite the bullet again and pay for regal to map it.
Could I fit the exhaust and leave it how it is or could this cause problems in the long run? Am I better off just getting a cat back? Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why have thorney stopped remapping?
They are worried about liability from the P4, so stopped stage 3 ages ago, and recently stopped stage 2 aswell! Only on the Corsa VXR engine though.

And so I can fit a full turbo back double decat exhaust, leave it at stage 1 and other than EML light I will have no issues such as blowing turbos or lumpy running?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
why do you think they stopped remapping them,engine is crap and people dont look after them so it will go bang and thorney will not want anythink to do with it hence why they have stopped

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You can fit a turbo back without getting it mapped, but the sports cat / decat will bring up your eml light.

You can try to get round the problem by fitting o2 spacers, but it is not a guaranteed solution.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
You can fit a turbo back without getting it mapped, but the sports cat / decat will bring up your eml light.

You can try to get round the problem by fitting o2 spacers, but it is not a guaranteed solution.
3k miles with a sports cat and no eml. Depends on the quality of the cat. Heard piper aren't the best for sports cats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts