Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

My corsa D has around 81k miles and was wondering how many can I run it untill will die?

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi.

My corsa D has around 81k miles and was wondering how many can I run it untill will die?

Thanks.
It all depends.

1 - How you drive it
2 - How Well you look after it
3 - Type of oil/fuel used
4 - And im guessing the climate would even affect it

Hard question to answer really mate!

I suppose if you look after it, it will run for ever. Ive seen cars that have been round the clock a a few times

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree, change the oil and filter at the recommended intervals and don't skimp on the oil and the engine will probably outlast the bodywork.

How Many Miles Can a Car Last?
By Josh Noel | September 10, 2021

Most modern cars on the road can easily reach the 200,000-mile mark without experiencing any significant problems. However, that predicted longevity assumes vehicles are well maintained and serviced regularly.
That said, you can find a used car in your budget only to realize it has well over 100,000 miles. Is a vehicle with 100,000 miles automatically on its last legs? When it comes to high-mileage cars, there are a few things to consider.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my 1.0lt 5 years ago with 50,000 miles on it. Its just past 250,000 miles and has its original engine, gearbox and clutch. Its had its oil and filter changed every 5k to ensure its in tip-top condition along with plugs and air filter every 20k. Only engine work ive done was new waterpump as it was noisy. It had a new chain kit before i bought it. No other work has been done to the engine.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,326 Posts
My god, 200,000 miles in a 1 litre! To do that amount in 5 years you must be pretty much living in it! With the speed they have you must be in it all day, and you must be very very brave and half deaf now with that constant tick tick tick of those little 3 pot engines. Be interesting to know what fuel economy you’ve been getting with it as it sounds like your big costs have been minimal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My god, 200,000 miles in a 1 litre! To do that amount in 5 years you must be pretty much living in it! With the speed they have you must be in it all day, and you must be very very brave and half deaf now with that constant tick tick tick of those little 3 pot engines. Be interesting to know what fuel economy you’ve been getting with it as it sounds like your big costs have been minimal.
Mpg is around 52 in the winter and 57+ in the summer. Its mainly motorway miles.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,326 Posts
109 miles? Every day? In a 1 litre corsa??? The man deserves a knighthood! Bet he’s a big set of plums too, as ye gods, that’s brave, mixing it up with the hgv drivers, one word. LEGEND!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's amazing what you get use to when you have too. Im actually amazed at the engine covering this mileage. It doesnt use a drop of oil or coolant between services. Just shows that good servicing is key.

I wont mention my vfr800 motorbike with 150,000 miles on it :). Certainly toughens your plums up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought my 1.0lt 5 years ago with 50,000 miles on it. Its just past 250,000 miles and has its original engine, gearbox and clutch. Its had its oil and filter changed every 5k to ensure its in tip-top condition along with plugs and air filter every 20k. Only engine work ive done was new waterpump as it was noisy. It had a new chain kit before i bought it. No other work has been done to the engine.
That's a lot. Hope mine will run same amount of miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts