Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I haven't actually done it YET

But here is a how to guide :) (If this is wrong, just delete it ;) )

The air box, when looking at the engine, is at the top left of the engine bay.

There are 4 torx screws on the air box. One in the middle at the bottom, two on the right hand side, one at the middle at the top side.

Remove these screws

Then, lift the air box up from the right hand side, unclipping the left hand side.

Remove the jubilee clip joining the pipes to the rest of the air intake( at the bottom of the air box) and then remove the pipe.

(This picture was taken from Mark on VXRonline)

Now, you'll have the top half and the bottom half of the air box

Now, remove the pipe in the lid of the air box as seen here

Then, remove the filter (it just lifts out) and remove the pipe as can be seen here

Then, put the filter back in. Reattach the pipes + jubilee clip to the top of the air box. Then refit air box in reverse order to how you removed it

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a clue ;)

People keep talking about derestricting them, especially on the astra forum I came across the other day, apparently it means the car can suck in air more freely, maybe +1bhp and +2nm ;) :p

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking about doing this mod, I assume it will only give gains and not any losses :p?... before i do it I thought I'd ask ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Cant see how this would help really, its not making the actual pipe any bigger so no more air is going into the airbox, the only thing it seems to do is shorten the pipe so air that is traveling into the air box has a few less mm to travel before it goes into the box. Also extremely bad idea to run about with no air filter

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
Cant see how this would help really, its not making the actual pipe any bigger so no more air is going into the airbox, the only thing it seems to do is shorten the pipe so air that is traveling into the air box has a few less mm to travel before it goes into the box. Also extremely bad idea to run about with no air filter
+1 totally agree

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who said anything about running with no filter?

it says to put the filter back in...

plus.. on the astra forums, people are doing this and saying it makes a slight difference, that's why I made a tutorial similar

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
But the filter will still be in there ... so dirt won't get in to the engine. I'll try dig out a link from the astra forum :)

http://www.astraownersclub.com/documents/technical/derestrict.pdf
sorry my bad here...

Who said anything about running with no filter?

it says to put the filter back in...

plus.. on the astra forums, people are doing this and saying it makes a slight difference, that's why I made a tutorial similar

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Right yea, sorry i read the thread wrong about the no air filter bit.

As for derestricting the airbox, its just the maths of it. You would have to increase the diameter of the air pipe to get more air into the box, not by cutting a bit off the end of it

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's okay mate :)!

nothing like quick skimming :p

Yeah well I thought that, but it's just I saw the guide elsewhere and thought, well, I'll make one for us lol :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts