Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That's okay mate :)!

nothing like quick skimming :p

Yeah well I thought that, but it's just I saw the guide elsewhere and thought, well, I'll make one for us lol :D
Thats ok mate and we might aswell have a tutorial so anyone wanting to do it doesnt make a hash of it. But the only advantage it could possibly make is it might make the insides of the box smoother improving air flow

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have a 1.7cdti was wondering if i could put my pipercross induction cone on? would that make much diff? and i have seen that the air intake pipe is situated in the most strangest of places. haha anyone here got the 1.7 cdti that has tuned theirs? if so what have you done? cheers

chris

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i removed these on my car didnt make any difference to me

but i hacked them out my old astra and it made loads off difference
recently hacked them out my moms tigra mk2 1.8 16v (same engine as my astra )
my mom hasnt commented (she doesnt know i done it) but when i drove it felt a little bit more responsive

i think the idea behind this is
you are sucking in more air over a greater area
instead of being restricted to the little holes

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for your input on that Shaun31 :)

@ CRDIXON2004 ... The cone will fit straight on. Once my car has been in for warranty work tomorrow, I'll put my cone back on (I took it off so they don't moan ;) ). I didn't noticed any difference, but, in cold weather you don't get MUCH heat soak so it's hard to tell :p

It does however, sound AWESOME when you change gear! Although, I would say that it would sound better if the bottom half of the air box was removed too, because the sucking sound it makes when you change gear, is clearly ruined by the sound of plastic being positioned around it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah already moved it mate, i had it in my 1.4 C and i thought it would just be a waste just sat in the garage so i thought i would try it. I know what you mean about the noise, im wanting to tune her up with a re-map and at the moment looking for an explanation from people in my other post about the intercooler :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sounds good mate. Looks like we'll both be looking at the same sort of thing then :)

What year is yours?

I got the 2007 Corsa, so mine is gonna cost around £500 to remap :(

·
Registered
08 1.3 CDTI 90hp, Sky Blue
42 Posts
Right yea, sorry i read the thread wrong about the no air filter bit.

As for derestricting the airbox, its just the maths of it. You would have to increase the diameter of the air pipe to get more air into the box, not by cutting a bit off the end of it
Flow pattern might be increased so possible it would help

21 - 29 of 29 Posts