Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sat in my car right now with the glove box compartment off, tryin to see what inputs and outputs etc the head unit has? can anyone tell me ow to get it out so i ca see plz? cheers lol

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Your best bet is jut to leave it for now before you destroy everything and let fusco give you some advice when he comes on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your best bet is jut to leave it for now before you destroy everything and let fusco give you some advice when he comes on.
lol yh, i just put it back 2geva for the minute as got to go away for a few days! :( will be back thursday to fit my sub so people PLEASE!.. give me some help in advance lol and il love you all and treasure ur friendships forever lol :lol:

Lanni if u read this iv looked at ur tutorial several times and unortunatlythe most inportant parts of your tutorial are starred out :( were uv put what wire to hook the reds and white up to it says "Hook the red wire upto the ***** Wire" etc lol

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
To get out the HU, you need the Vauxhall lever arm things to pull out the HU. You see the four 'holes', two either side of the HU, there's two prongs go in there, and you can pull it out.

I doubt you'd be able to get into it via the glovebox, as there's a big gap/space between the back of the HU, and where the glovebox is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
hey am tryin to do the exact same thing just now :)

a kno the holes you mean on the front of the HU. is it a special tool you need to get it off?

·
Registered
327 Posts
cool, did you get it from vauxhall? a think ill try with a coathanger first :lol: does it just unclip or do you need to put,(excuse my wording), something in all 4 holes at the same time and pull it off?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
lol yh, i just put it back 2geva for the minute as got to go away for a few days! :( will be back thursday to fit my sub so people PLEASE!.. give me some help in advance lol and il love you all and treasure ur friendships forever lol :lol:

Lanni if u read this iv looked at ur tutorial several times and unortunatlythe most inportant parts of your tutorial are starred out :( were uv put what wire to hook the reds and white up to it says "Hook the red wire upto the ***** Wire" etc lol

Sorry mate not had time to finihs it off i will do it for you before you get back mate.

sorry it taken to long:(

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Yeh you will probs need the lil tool as i think it clips to some pins at the bottom, Then when pulling you put a slight bit of power out over then it should pop out.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
cool, did you get it from vauxhall? a think ill try with a coathanger first :lol: does it just unclip or do you need to put,(excuse my wording), something in all 4 holes at the same time and pull it off?
Nope, I got it from eBay. I'll have a look to see if I can find one on there for you. Any garage/ICE shop should have one though.

The way I done it was put something in all four holes, and then pull, and slightly lift it up, then you have to shimmy it out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Simple stick your hand up behind the glovebox and push the bottom corner out, you can feel the connector plug so just push. if your hands too big use a wooden spoon!

·
Registered
327 Posts
a just cut up a coat hanger with pliers, pushed a bit into each hole to pop the springs then pushed it out from behind the glovebox

1 - 20 of 25 Posts