Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, when I first got my car I plugged in a dash cam into the 12v port (cigarette lighter) and then after 10 minutes of driving the port started smoking with the dash cam plugged in. Since then I have never used it due to being worried about it setting on fire馃槱. I want to get a USB adapter for the 12v port so I can charge my phone but I鈥檓 worried, could there be a problem in the wiring or could it just be from dust being in there as it wasn鈥檛 used for a while? Also do I need to get a 12v adaptor or can I get 24? And does anyone have any safe ideas for cleaning out the 12v port incase there is any more dust inside. TIA

Registered
Hello, when I first got my car I plugged in a dash cam into the 12v port (cigarette lighter) and then after 10 minutes of driving the port started smoking with the dash cam plugged in. Since then I have never used it due to being worried about it setting on fire馃槱. I want to get a USB adapter for the 12v port so I can charge my phone but I鈥檓 worried, could there be a problem in the wiring or could it just be from dust being in there as it wasn鈥檛 used for a while? Also do I need to get a 12v adaptor or can I get 24? And does anyone have any safe ideas for cleaning out the 12v port incase there is any more dust inside. TIA
Just take it to get checked out mate o wud just don't use it until u get it sorted

Registered
Could install a Hardwire kit i'd get a genuine nextbase one (Doesn't matter if your camera isn't nextbase as long as it uses mini usb) What camera is it if you don't mind me asking and is it the original power supply.

Registered
In regards to cleaning it just disconnect your battery and clean it with isporopal achool (if you can get it for less than 拢1000 with covid) I'd leave the battery disconnected a few minutes just to be safe. You could just install a new lighter if you wanted that not expensive but can be a bit sturbon to remove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts