Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

today, decided to fit a freeview box into the car which i had bought a few months back on ebay. it took around 20 mins as i'm not too skilled at putting things together. the box itself was cheap-ish and the quality reflected the price.

1. i have discovered that i cannot watch programs while on the move as the signal fails to keep up with the car.

2. the aerial can only pick up channels at certain areas - preferably open, high altitude places (like on top of a mountain).

3. not all channels are available as stated.

heres a few nightshots (because it's night time) poor quality though:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess it would of been better - actually MUCH better - if it worked while on the move.
highly disappointed that it didn't.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
when you say that it dousnt work at speed what kinda speed do you mean like 70+ or any speed

my radio loses signal at 110mph :(

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just generally on the move - 1mph+ i start to lag.
i still don't know if my car can go up to 110mph. i'm a safe driver :angel:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
lol err me too my foot slipped on the autobahn ;) ah i suppose not to great then, but handy to show off with at meets

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have discovered that i cannot watch programs while on the move as the signal fails to keep up with the car.
you can drive faster than the speed of light can you?:lol:

Your problem is simply Signal strength.

Look at a outdoor TV aeriel on a house...you need one that size and shape on your corsa!

BTW, in the UK . It is illegal to have any TV / video screen visable by the driver when the car is in motion.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
you can drive faster than the speed of light can you?:lol:

Your problem is simply Signal strength.

Look at a outdoor TV aeriel on a house...you need one that size and shape on your corsa!

BTW, in the UK . It is illegal to have any TV / video screen visable by the driver when the car is in motion.
Btw, This isnt law school hahaha. Sure he already knew that and i never actually thought it was possible 2 connect without an aerial but i guess this has a small aerial integrated..?

·
Registered
32 Posts
They usually have a short stubby "digital" aeriel included , but they never work .

May as well resort to the 1970's way of replacing a broken car aeriel using a bent metal coat hanger!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They usually have a short stubby "digital" aeriel included , but they never work.
bingo. i have one of these stubby aerials. bummer, i dont know where to get a stronger one. anything too big will look ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I Think it is safe to say we all know what keith will be investing in very soon haha, Will look amazing on keiths bigger screen like.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
bingo. i have one of these stubby aerials. bummer, i dont know where to get a stronger one. anything too big will look ridiculous.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-IN-CAR-DVD-TV-ANTENNA-AERIAL-UHF-VHF-WITH-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ150164412500QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36676QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem < If you get something like that, you could always take the dash apart, and stuff, and place it in the side window the car? I had planned on doing that.

I Think it is safe to say we all know what keith will be investing in very soon haha, Will look amazing on keiths bigger screen like.
I had thought about this, but with the Corsa having an 'Always live' connection, and not wanting to hook it up to the cigarette lighter, it'd be pointless. Plus, I'd have nowhere to put it, as I have my PS2 in the glovebox.

·
Registered
700 Posts
that would be awsome if you were out somewhere thow and wanted to watch the football lol well done jlly nice job mate :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks pritty good mate! would have never thought of it! lol. Shame about the signal though. How much was it if you dont mind me asking?
i got it on ebay for £30 + p&p. much cheaper than big named ones. but not too cheap.

try hooking up to the normal car aerial, it may actually be better.
will it not matter that i have the headunit linked up to the aerial? is it a case of snipping a bit of wire off and linking them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-IN-CAR-DVD-TV-ANTENNA-AERIAL-UHF-VHF-WITH-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ150164412500QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36676QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem < If you get something like that, you could always take the dash apart, and stuff, and place it in the side window the car? I had planned on doing that.
i was looking for a stronger aerial but taking the dash apart?! dont really wanna tear the car apart just yet. just trying to keep things subtle. a direct replacement aerial would be lovely.

that would be awsome if you were out somewhere thow and wanted to watch the football lol well done jlly nice job mate :)
cheers. pity it works in certain areas only. hope a new aerial will fix the problem.

was waiting to be outdone by keith again... :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts