Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
What more can I do to increase the BHP, on a corsa D limited edition 1.2i16v 2014 plate. Already fitted custom back box, & ramair cone filter, Thanks, Marcus

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I’ve a 1.2 with a panel filter and I’ve put a cold air feed from the front bumper to a flexi pipe I’ve routed into the air box base that has helped. There’s also £77 eBay box of tricks that I’ve plugged in on the airflow sensor that adjusts something, each time you adjust it 2 turns at a time and drive for 100 miles or so then adjust it again, I’ve adjusted it 4 times, and that has helped with the drive ability and given it a bit more zip, but as the car’s ecu learns what has been altered it gives more fuel. So now the economy has dropped, which I expected it to, 29 as it was 32 ish, but it’s nicer to drive now so I don’t mind. As for exhausts unless it’s a larger diameter full system I’ve found all backboxes do is make you drive to the noise it makes and kills the fuel economy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just had a remap a few days ago on my LE.

Like the others said, a bit of performance at the expense of some fuel. A remap will be over £100 and would give about 10HP increase. Although the fuel difference depends on how heavy your foot is, you're tempted to give it more to feel the increase but I've noticed I get the same 50MPG on motorways from before and after the remap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had a remap a few days ago on my LE.

Like the others said, a bit of performance at the expense of some fuel. A remap will be over £100 and would give about 10HP increase. Although the fuel difference depends on how heavy your foot is, you're tempted to give it more to feel the increase but I've noticed I get the same 50MPG on motorways from before and after the remap.
Thanks for the information I was going to have it mapped when I had my customised back box fitted, I was told approximately 10 BHP increase 🤔, £170 to have it mapped 🤔 still might have it done, I have recently fitted a ramair cone filter, between the both (back box and filter) don't know how much that as increased BHP. Oh I am new to this game still learning.
Many thanks for replying to me
Marcus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts