Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to tint my indicators, just wondering if anyone recommended a brand of spray that I could get from somewhere like Halfords, or eBay, and how dark is legal? I would ideally like them to be pretty dark... Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah also, forgot to ask one other thing - will I have to remove the whole of my VXR indicator surround, or can I just remove the indicator lens without taking the whole surround off? Not sure if I can be arsed with all that faffing around this week :p if I have to take the whole thing off I'll probably wait til next week to buy the tint, when I'm less skint.... hey that rhymes :p

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Ah also, forgot to ask one other thing - will I have to remove the whole of my VXR indicator surround, or can I just remove the indicator lens without taking the whole surround off? Not sure if I can be arsed with all that faffing around this week :p if I have to take the whole thing off I'll probably wait til next week to buy the tint, when I'm less skint.... hey that rhymes :p
You can do it without removing the VXR surround the indicator just clips in to the surround as it would do if it was on the car. Remove it the same way, is abit tricky but I used a very small flat screwdriver :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Update with how it went when you're done. And how many coats you needed.

Wanna do the same.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update with how it went when you're done. And how many coats you needed.

Wanna do the same.
http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/show...l-melted-my-indicators!&p=1121007#post1121007 this is a thread I made... had a bit of a disaster though whilst doing it where the laquer reacted with the E-Tech and it bubbled up and melted... but got there in the end. I used 3 coats for these, and 2 coats of laquer. I think the key is to make SURE that you let the E-Tech dry thoroughly for a good few hours before laquering it, or they'll react together and it might balls it all up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts