Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of droplets (not just mist, they look the same as raindrops) on the inside of my windscreen :(

Is it possible this is just really heavy condensation? It's raining outside and my worry is there's a gap in the weather stripping or something.

The dashboard and controls are completely dry.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Corsa D have always been terrible for condensation on the front screen in fact VX got so may complaints about it that they decided to fit electric screens to all Corsa E models.

If its particularly bad all thetime check the front footwells for damp as water ingress through the bulkhead is not uncommon on this model.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,509 Posts
Mine does it too, 2012 5 door, car is as dry as a nun’s flaps everywhere, I had a similar thing on a Peugeot 107, found out best way to help was to switch air re circulate on 2-3 mins before home which helped as at one point it was filling one of those re usable humidity bags every 10 days and run air con heat at 1/2 temp as it’s the contrast between the outside air @2’ c and the inside air @25’c, bit like why house windows steam up!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Corsa D's are notorious for this. I've been collecting the 'silica gel' packets from every time a take a Covid Lateral Flow Test, and putting them in the rear door bins of the car. They absorb moisture, and must admit it actually works in keeping the windscreen clear, with minimal fan or aircon assistance. Just got to remember to take them out of the car every now and again, and drying them on the top of the radiator indoors. Definitely worth a try.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luckily I don't have damp in footwells etc, I think my problem is largely solved by having AC along with the heater, opening the windows at the end of a drive, and cleaning the windscreen. I'm going to do a proper interior clean+bulb replacements at some point.

Any tips for my faded steering wheel that's gone a strawish colour where the hands touch it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts