Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 plate corsa D and I bought the AUX cable off eBay to install into my car, I have the cd30 MP3 radio but I can't find the 3 pin plug to plug the aux into ? I tried underneath the gear stick but I can't see anything so can somone help me or show me how to install it Regards

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
The 3 pin aux lead you've bought fro eBay won't work on the Corsa, I've got no idea why they advertise that it does fit - because they don't.

Best option is to cut it down and look at the pin out on the rear of the radio and fit as required.

When you switch to CD do you get an Aux option also? If not it'll need activating too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it off vauxhalls eBay site and they said I had to drill a hole in the cup holders and I'll find the 3 pin connector there it when I lift the gearstick up I can't see it, also I don't have the aux option so is my best bet just to send it back ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just done this to my own Corsa. I had to purchase a CD30 MP3 with AUX. The car didn't originally have the input. Then I brought to cable similar to yours and disassembled it then used the pin to directly plug into the back of the harness. All thanks to my Dad!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've just done this to my own Corsa. I had to purchase a CD30 MP3 with AUX. The car didn't originally have the input. Then I brought to cable similar to yours and disassembled it then used the pin to directly plug into the back of the harness. All thanks to my Dad!
Any pictures of this? Will be doing it in my friends Corsa.

Thanks, Danny,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the cd30 MP3 unit but I don't have the aux option so would I have to buy another cd30 MP3 radio with the aux option and then fit it somewhere ?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the cd30 MP3 unit but I don't have the aux option so would I have to buy another cd30 MP3 radio with the aux option and then fit it somewhere ?
You will need the CD30 MP3 that comes with AUX, check the back of the radio and on the label it should have AUX L and AUX R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, I want to update my cd30mp3 with one that has aux.
I already have the aux port behind the gear shift.
Do I need something else except of a new unit,screen and the aux connection cable?

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Hello guys, I want to update my cd30mp3 with one that has aux.
I already have the aux port behind the gear shift.
Do I need something else except of a new unit,screen and the aux connection cable?
Just swap the stereo and little screen, get a aux port for the cup holder then and bobs yer uncle, if you change the stereo and not the screen you won’t have a working display, stereo with display are around the £100 mark and aux ports about £10 - £15 of a well known auction site with 4 different coloured letters.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys I bought this aux cable off eBay and disassembled it to have the wires with the pins. Just so I’m clear is the yellow wire the ground ? Many thanks

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Right I’ve had a look in my Haynes manual and it’s showing pin38 as black pin31 as violet with white tracer and pin 32 as green with white tracer. Which leads me to believe black is earth and 31 & 32 being speaker inputs. As for matching up your wires with the aux end, I’ve a wiring diagram somewhere which I’ll dig out ASAP

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Given home audio is red white yellow colouring I’d say red and white are speaker inputs and yellow is earth so either try that or let me dig wiring out and look on the back of mine, I’ll get back to you before close of play today if that’s ok

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks buddy got it working now. Was just going to say my car already had the harness for the Bluetooth and phone but it doesn’t seem to work with the cd30mp3 as the pins are for the aux and not for the phone connection. So I’ve sorted it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts